Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Back Off Granny, Your Vote is Mine

An Election Day Haiku for You…

Election Day’s Here
Punch the Chad or Touch the Screen
Walk Away, Weeping.

I have sent the crack staff of Bagwine Ruminations on a scavenger hunt to find and report on the day’s political twists and turns. We already have some interesting news. It seems that someone claiming to be a Republican has been offering rides to the polls to senior citizens of Democratic persuasion. All of you blue hairs, Beware!! After accepting a ride from a “clean cut young gentleman” Doris Phelps 77, and Miriam Crankteaser 81, were found bound and gagged next to the dumpster outside of Gary’s Coffee House.

Ms. Crankteaser stated that the only thing he took was their voter guides and a couple of bucks because he said that he wanted a Frappuccino. “He tied us up very gently, but I could have done without him calling us fossilized commies”, added Ms. Phelps.

The suspect remains at large…More breaking stories as they happen.
Bagwine Ruminations, “Drunk and Biased, as Always…”

15 comments:

y.Wendy.y said...

Great haiku!

Now - are you for real with that story or am I just slow to recognise a tease?

Whatever - true or not - it's..erm...sort of funny...Crankteaser...bwah ha ha ha...ooh hope your name isn't Crankteaser....:O)

Schmoop said...

C'mon Wendz, get up to speed. Things like this dont happen in Ohio...New Jersey however....

Odat said...

LOL...funny haiku....and I think I saw that suspect this morning here in NY....(said something about a horse's head too! ;-0

Mo and The Purries said...

I went to the Brady Boys' Bedroom (aka my township hall) and voted this morning.
Praying for Change.
~mo

Schmoop said...

Ha...That haiku popped into my head at 5:20 this morning...It was my moment of prophecy I guess.

I hope hope that things change drstically , Mo. Tell Peter, Greg, and Bobby that I said Hi.

The Boy said...

This is gods own truth! One of our journalists (I work in da news) is chasing down a human interest story where a Floridian Republican called Chad Hanging is a local election officer.

Unknown said...

I just had a theory that is unrelated to your post, but I'll save it for my blog that I'm going to write in a few...

Happy Election Day!

Also- the reason people are asking to download Flash when they open your page is because of your Amber Alert scroll. :)

y.Wendy.y said...

Oh begging your pardon, Sir! Us yokels in rural France believe anything and everything happens in the big bad US of A.

Note to self - switch on TV and see if there's reports of the US elections..

I forget I have a TV!

Schmoop said...

Boy...I knew there had to be SOMEONE with a name like that!! Thanks Allie, I have removed it. Wendz, do not mistake my words as scolding, as I am here to improve Franco-American relations...Pfffft the USA under this administrationis more like BIG and SAD...

Janna said...

So is your "Crack staff" called that because they're really smart and efficient, or are they actually on crack? :)
Love the line about walking away and weeping. Tell me about it.
In fact, I'm on my way to the township hall right now (we have a brand new one this year!) to vote.
Please tell me my vote matters... Go ahead and lie. I don't mind.

Schmoop said...

It matters Janna, it matters. The staff is hooked on liquid crack, i.e. Wild Irish Rose...

Merritt Fields said...

You know how much I love a freaking Haiku...you made my day.
Here's one for you!

I voted today.
Dems and Repubs make me nuts.
LIBERTARIANS!

Schmoop said...

I like it Aisby...I love haiku

Laura said...

Great story, Matt-Man! Keep up the crack(ed) investigative reporting.

Schmoop said...

Thanks Laura, I hope your pussy pussy is no longer seeping.