Thursday, August 17, 2006

Watch Out, Stalin Has a Hummer...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Holy crap have I been busy. I spent most of last night and this morning making travel arrangements for my guests. It went much more smoothly than I had anticipated. Joe Stalin and Gina Lollobrigida are flying together under the assumed names of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Reubens. Joe laughingly suggested that they use, Mr. and Mrs. Mohammed Atta. I told you Joe was a funny guy.

I offered to pick them up at the airport, but Joe said that he hadn’t driven a car since 1921, “and by godless I’m gonna drive myself.” So I guess he and Gina are renting a Hummer for the weekend. They could have rented a nice sedan, but then I wouldn’t have been able to use “Gina” and “Hummer” in the same sentence, which of course, conjures up all sorts of carnal images in my mind.

I thought President Bush would take care of his own transportation, but it turns out that I have to pick him up at Port Columbus Airport and he’s flying in tomorrow, a day before the party. I asked him, “What’s up with that?” He said that Dick Cheney was coming out of seclusion for the weekend to host a big Halliburton bash in the Hamptons, and that Pork Chop Boy needed Air Force One and all of the limos to get his buddies to the party. That’s fine I thought, but “Why are you coming a day early?”, I asked. He said, “Well Matt-Man, there’s nothing pressing going on in the world right now, so I thought I’d take a couple of days off.” Just then I heard a loud crash, Bush screaming, “God Damn It”, and then he said, “Gotta go, mi amigo. See ya in C’lumbus.” So tomorrow, 1:45 PM, gate 17, I will be standing there holding a sign that says, “W”.

I called Jesus Christ earlier today to see if I needed to pick him up somewhere, but he told me that he would “just show up”. Easy enough.

So now that the travel has been figured out, I must start thinking about what I am going to serve. Appetizers, drinks, entrĂ©e, whew….so much to do!! I was thinking that maybe I would cook things based upon the culture of my guests, but that limits me to steak, spaghetti, unleavened bread, and well, quite frankly, dirt and vodka. I do have a heckuva recipe for SPAM Kabobs, but that would be rude to Jesus. Oh, I guess he could wave a hand and change his plate to lamb or manna or something, but I do not want to turn this party into an episode of “The Letterman Show” which features “Stupid Messiah Tricks.”

I will have to give more thought to the menu, the music, and the entertainment. It won’t be easy, but I think I can have all of the details ready for you sometime tomorrow. Well folks off to the grocery and the liquor store. Enjoy the day, and cheers.


And Now…Our Moment of Hinn

“Look, any amount I make, somebody's going to be mad.”

--Benny Hinn

7 comments:

Melli said...

LOL! Might I suggest "Why ME Lord?" by Kris Kristofferson? Can't wait to hear how this comes off! SO glad I get to be a fly on the wall!

Schmoop said...

Good Choice, Melli and thanks for stopping. I cant wait to hear how it comes off either !!

Unknown said...

mmmm... vodka and dirt. Dirty martinis? lol

Dub's favorite food is nachos, so you actually get off cheap there.

For dessert: locusts dipped in honey. I know John the Baptist made that his signature dish, but since he baptised Hey Zoos, I'm sure that it would be okay and perhaps even appreciated...

Schmoop said...

Dirty Martini, eh? Aren't you the clever one? Very good. Can't have nachos...Mexican food reminds Stalin of Trotsky.

Mo and The Purries said...

You SO need a photo of you holding a big W sign!
And Columbus has a "port" airport?

Do you think Bushy will bring Condi as his date? (you know Laura is home in bed with some valium and an old Judith Krantz romance novel)

Lookin' forward to the party!

Schmoop said...

I specifically told W that no dates are allowed; however if he wants to try his luck with Gina..."Buona Fortuna"

Penrick said...

Don't hold up a sign with a W on it, he will never find you. The sign should read I have some Cat in the Hat books!

Let him bring a date. I saw the contest of the DC interns. They work hard to look pretty, be scantily dressed and bag all their dry cleaning for later.

Please have plenty of water around. Jesus does some fantastic work with water and wine.