Monday, February 19, 2007

It's President's Day...Let's Party!!

Today is President’s Day in the U.S. That means there is no mail delivery, many schools are closed, and Americans reflect on the greatness of our former leaders, even though most cannot name more than one or two of them. I could, given an adequate amount of time, name them all. I’m patriotic in that kind of way. Why I even sent a Happy President’s Day card to our current leader, and I really hope that Dick Cheney likes it. I wish that more American’s would use this day as a National Event.

I think bars and restaurants should have President’s Day specials. For breakfast I could order an Abraham and Cheese Omelet, with three sausage Lincolns, and a side of Mary Todd crazy bread. Yum-Oh….Of course I would phone ahead and reserve the John Wilkes Booth. Good food and primo seating.

For lunch I could order the Dubya platter, which consists of chicken assholes, tough beans, and a slice of lame duck. Maybe I’d place an order for a few Teddy Roosevelt “Walk Softly and Carry a Big Fried Cheese on a Stick.” For dessert in honor of Thomas Jefferson I could have a big piece of chocolate pie!! Dee-Lish. I guess perhaps if I am really hungry I could order the William Howard Taft Combo, which is one of everything on the menu. If things turn out to be as delicious as they sound I’ll be singing “Hail to the Chef”!!

We should put up red, white, and blue lights. Someone could manufacture Presidential Bobble Head Dolls. And the entire country could pause and watch George W. Bush lay a wreath at the grave of George Washington. And then we could listen to Dubya turn to Karl Rove and ask, “Why is Washington the only one referred to as the Father of Our Country, when Lincoln said that our country had four Fathers?” He is so lovable and so warm, just like a little puppy…that you’d like to kick and then feed him a bowl of antifreeze. But I digress…

So this President’s Day I will be reflecting on those giants who have ruled this great nation. I will think back lovingly on Nixon and his ability to lie to millions without cracking a smile. I’ll reminisce on Bill Clinton tirelessly dictating in the Oral Office and for providing big chicks with the same chance of giving a blow job to the leader of the free world as a Playboy Bunny. Taylor, Arthur, Fillmore, Hoover and the others, the best that America has to offer. Be proud my fellow Americans, be proud…
Cheers...


Make sure to wish Mo a Happy B-Day. There is a link to his site on the Yo Mo Post Below!!

22 comments:

Steven said...

ON this presidents day I'll spend at least fifteen minutes masturbating to pictures of chicks with amaerican flags.

*cue national anthem* ;)

Steve~

RW said...

haha I wish that I had the day off!!!! nope Japanese car manufacturing plants dont care about are president day for some reason work work work I hear the snap of the whip now

Schmoop said...

Steve Novak: An American Patriot!!

Schmoop said...

Put your nose to the grindstone Roger and build that chassis!!

Schmoop said...

Dont worry Roger, I'm just Matt-Man not Da Man!!

Liz Hill said...

Is Rachel Ray fixing up that little lunch for you Matty? Say in a star spangled apron and a smile? Yum Oh

Lizza said...

This post just made me laugh...and hungry! But I think I'll forgo the Dubya platter, LOL.

What would the FDR platter be like, I wonder?

Schmoop said...

Thanks TB...I've now lost my appetite.

Lizza I'm not sure, but the Eleanor Roosevelt would certainly be a tuna sandwich...I hear that the the Pulled BBQ Polk is delicious, but no one knows about it. Cheers!!

JMai said...

I know I wasn't supposed to giggle at the "big piece of chocolate pie" but I couldn't help it. I'm completely juvenile.

Fun post!

Schmoop said...

Thanks jmai. Not my best post but that's because Im worn out from my Calvin Coolidge/JFK Silent Auction and Orgy from last night. Cheers!! Juvenile is much appreciated here by the way, thanks for stopping.

Mo and The Purries said...

Oh, Matt - don't sell yourself short.
I think it WAS one of your best posts!
Very clever.
And a slice of chocolate pie almost made me snort-squirt my mountain dew -- any dew spewing post is good, in my book.
You are the pun-master.

Schmoop said...

Why thank ya Birthday Boy!! I'll drink of fifth of Rose in your honor tonight.

Liz Hill said...

Matty--the comments are funnier than your post--sorry Sugar --just sayin--although "chocolate pie" made me snarf but i was immeidately ashamed--(not really)

SMOOCH

Crazy Working Mom said...

*LOL* Great post!

Happy President's day...and
Happy MorgEpalooza!

Schmoop said...

TB why must you be so very hurtful to me? And you should be very ashamed...or not.

Crazy, thanks for stopping and same to you...Cheers!!

Laura said...

Great post, Matt-Man! I feel like I've already wasted half of this great day! I hadn't even thought about Polk or Taft until your post! I liked the chocolate pie bit, mostly because it made me think of chocolate pie. I like the real thing, not the figurative one (but I haven't tried it, so who knows?). And "Ewww!" to the Eleanor Roosevelt tuna. Not a dish I like literally or figuratively. Off to get the mail...damn! That was going to be the highlight of my day!

Odat said...

What a way to end a very nice day....reading up on all our presidents! Thanks Matt!
Peace

y.Wendy.y said...

Clever post Matt....but you're still working today, right? So not really a great holiday?

Travis Cody said...

Snarf! Everytime I see a reference to "Hail to the Chief" my mind immediately conjures Mel Brooks as Gov. William J. LePetomaine in Blazing Saddles!

Hail to the chief, he's the one with all the money - and the well endowed secretary in the lovely red...is it warm in here?

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I hate to tell you, but you will be visited by the Secret Service within the next 24 hours. Sending that card to Dick really pee'd off Dub and he is gonna have his Boyas take for for a little ride in a big black Suburban.

Tried to warn ya Matt...but you better head for the hills

Unknown said...

I am still LMAO at "Abraham and Cheese Omelette with Sausage Lincolns"

It's your best since foodplay the Crucifixins Bar. LOL

Schmoop said...

Laura: Why thanks!! By the way tuna is fantastic literally. I will be eating quite a bit of it over the next few weeks!!

Odat: We've had some great ones eh? I'd really like to go back in time and party with US Grant. Boy Howdy.

Wendz: Any day that you stop by my site is like a Holiday ; )

Travis: Thanks for reminding me of that. Great Flick!!

Bond: I was checked out by the Secret Service some 23 years ago. I'll post about that soon. Cheers!!

Allie: Ha...I thought about that. I may never top that one. BTW, You're HOT!!