Thursday, October 26, 2006

Celebrate Gouda Times, C'Mon

Today is Thursday October 26, 2006, marking the 27th year of the existence of the Gouda Girl. Yes today is Allie’s (Memoirs of a Gouda) birthday. What a sweet, friendly blogger she is. And why shouldn’t she be, she was born in 1979 during the International Year of the Child as deemed by the United Nations. How nice. Her birth ushered in so much joy for her Mom and Dad, but that joy wasn’t contained to the Gouda family itself. No indeed, her birth precipitated many fine events in world history. Consider the following:

On the same day she was born, South Korean President Park Chung Hee was gunned downed by his “friend” who headed the Korean CIA. Park Chung Hee very quickly became Dee Oh Ay.

A few days later on November 3rd, 5 members of the Communist Workers Party were killed and another 7 wounded by Klansmen and Neo-Nazis, during a “Death to the Klan Rally” in Greensboro, North Carolina. Hmmmm is this infant, “Baby Gouda” or “Baby Goebbels”?

Oh it gets better. The very next day 3,000 Iranians storm the U.S. Embassy taking 90 hostages, 53 of which are Americans. Interesting, when her parents named her, did they name her Allison or was it really Allah-son?

Later in the month, 4 people were killed at the U.S. Embassy in Pakistan. December opened up with 11 people being crushed to death while trying to get into a ‘Who” concert in Cincinnati and the hits kept on coming when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan, seizing control in mere days. Is this just a coincidence Komrade Allie? Da? Nyet?

These “coincidences” make me wonder if Gouda is a God-Send or the Spawn of Satan spewed forth from the loins of a donkey. Should we refer to her as Allie or Allie-pocalypse? I don’t know the answer to that, but either way I dig her, and I hope you join me in wishing her a kick ass birthday. HAPPY B-Day My Friend…Cheers.

Tomorrow is a special day here at Bagwine Ruminations. Not only is it Stream of Consciousness Friday, we will be featuring the inaugural installment of “In the Know with Hair Care Joe”. Don’t miss out!!


And Now Our Moment of Motto…

Rhode Island: “Not Really an Island, But Rather a Very Small State on the East Coast”

16 comments:

adav_11 said...

Happy Birthday Allison. Have a good one. I will drink a pint in your honor. Cheers.

Schmoop said...

Just one? C'mon adav...Thanks for stoppin.

Merritt Fields said...

Happy Birthday to the Gouda Girl. Thought I would add to Matt-Man's Goudalicious birthday treat.

On October 26th,
1979 - Gouda Girl born
1982 - US budget deficit reaches more than $110 trillion
1983 - USSR performs nuclear test
1984 - "Baby Fae" gets baboon heart transplant
1988 - US and Soviet Union free two grey whales from frozen Arctic
1994 - Jordan and Israel sign peace accord

Schmoop said...

October 26, 2006:
George Dubya still President...

Tell me that's not a sign of the Allie-pocalypse!!

adav_11 said...

Not much of a beer drinker, Martinis are another matter. I had to give up the Grey Goose over here. Too expensive. It is like $20 dollars more a bottle than Absolute. A crack habit would be cheaper.

Mo and The Purries said...

Matt-man, that is a truly cheezy dedication to our favorite Gouda. Bravo.
My personal favorite: allah-son

Happy Birthday, Allie D!

Schmoop said...

Drinking Wild Irish Rose is worse than crack, but much, much cheaper.

Thanks Mo...I hope Allie feels the love.

Unknown said...

Well, you've given me more reasons to get drunk tonight than I can count now! LOL And I wasn't spawned from a donkey, you ass, I was born in the year of the goat!

Get it right!

God, I hate you.

Schmoop said...

I was right. You are Satan's child. You just said that you hated GOD!!

Unknown said...

Just call me Goudamien.

Schmoop said...

"Look Goudamien, it's all for you..."

Unknown said...

ROTFL!!!

Lizza said...

Goody Gouda...wishing Allie all the best. What a great friend you are, Matt. Reminding her of all those momentous events in history around the time of her birth.

Schmoop said...

I just cant help going the extra yard for her, Lizza.

Laura said...

I don't know what to think. Allah, er, Allie, I had no idea about all of this stuff. I mean the Who thing happening a mere 38 days after your birth? It's just too much of a coincidence, what with the whole being named for a song and all. I need to go lie down and prepare for the Apocalypse.

Schmoop said...

I was just as shocked as you Laura, but I couldnt keep it to myself.