Thursday, May 03, 2007

Don Imus: FU CBS

Programming Note: Later tonight I will be presenting a lecture involving the Geometry of Adult Entertainment...Don't Miss It!!


Well...well…well. CBS fired Don Imus last month for making a disrespectful and rude comment (i.e. Nappy Headed Ho’s) towards the Rutgers Women’s basketball team. The folks at CBS were aghast, nay, OUTRAGED at such an irreverent comment oozing from the mouth of the controversial and bombastic talk show host. Once Al Sharpton and his cronies convinced advertisers to pull the plug on the show, CBS executives agreed, Imus is deplorable and must go.

Fast forward to the present. Imus is likely to sue CBS for among other things, breach of contract…Price Tag: 40 Million. Some may find this to be a case of a jilted celeb seeking unwarranted compensation for a just termination, but not so fast my friend. Let’s look at a clause in Mr. Imus’ contract.

"Company (CBS Radio) acknowledges that Artist's (Imus') services to be rendered hereunder are of a unique, extraordinary, irreverent, intellectual, topical, controversial and personal character and that programs of the same general type and nature containing these components are desired by Company and are consistent with Company rules and policies."

So the boys at CBS wanted the I-Man to be controversial and irreverent. In fact, as the clause says, this type of programming is desired. It seems to me that since Imus was irreverent (i.e. rude and disrespectful) and controversial (he certainly evoked controversy) that he held up his end of the contract exceedingly well. I say that if the nob job execs at CBS wanted to fulfill their end of the agreement, they should not have fired Imus, but instead given the shriveled up prune-faced lookin’ curmudgeon a big ass raise!!

Oh the irony, Imus does his job by dissin’ a predominately black basketball team and yet The Man is keepin’ him down. The moral of this story...Don’t Mess With the Hypocrisy of Whitey.

Until we meet again,
Cheers!!

17 comments:

Deb said...

The ironic part is, this was a blessing in diguise for Imus. He's going to be richer than ever before. He should thank the basketball team ---most of all, Sharpton.

Schmoop said...

Hiya Deb. Yep I-Man will collect a sizeable award, and even if he never works in radio again. He can enjoy his money and spend his time raising money and running his Imus Ranch for Kids with Cancer. Not a bad gig. Cheers!!

Lee Ann aka Dixie said...

Either way Prune face wins. I don't agree with his comment.... it was wrong in every way... but he is still going to win...40 million wins at that... hmmmmmm....

Desert Songbird said...

How does that saying go? Oh yeah, you get what you pay for...

Schmoop said...

Dixie: Imus' comment was stupid in my opinion becuase he attacked regular people, and not a nationally known public figure. But I am just pissed by all of the false indignation that MSNBC and CBS had when the sponsors started to pull out. Cheers...

Songbird: Evidently, the price of hypocrisy may turn out to be 40 Million Dollars!!

jillie said...

As far as I am concered....DON IMUS IS AN ASS!! He's got a lot of ass kissin to do and I'll be damned if I am going to lend him "my" lips either! lol

cheers to ya matt ;o)

Schmoop said...

Well since you said that your lips have melted, that would be difficult Jillie. Cheers!!

Mo and The Purries said...

My feelings toward the man aside, if indeed that is his contract and he was fired for doing his job - then I say "more power to him" for suing their hypocritical asses.

Schmoop said...

My point exactly Mo. It's all about the "H". Cheers!!

Odat said...

damn, I've been here three times and finally have time to comment..
and guess what? I have no comment...ahahahaha.
Peace

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

ah that contract.... wondered how long the contents of that would be put out for people to see....

CBS thought they could make enough money off of him and not get burned... they made their money...but they got flamed.

Cheesy said...

I too greatly disliked the comment he made ... but if that's what it says in his contract... well this whole thing is getting very interesting. I would maybe hope he would contribute some of his winnings to the team or the school somehow... if he wins.

Schmoop said...

Cheesy: Imus is ascerbic, nasty, and a giant asshole, and yes if he wins; he would donate money to the Rutgers Shoalrshp Fund...That's how he is... Cheers Sexy One!!

Lizza said...

Hey, Matt. You're irreverent and you've been known to stir up a bit of hilarious controversy (hello, televangelists). You should be making gazillions too!

Schmoop said...

Lizza your taste in humor is exceeded only by your hotness!!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

you totally ignored me.. I am shattered

Schmoop said...

Oh My!! A thousand pardons Vin...I shouldnt check my blog while drinking!!