Monday, June 26, 2006

Beer, Brats, and Independence


A week from tomorrow, we will be celebrating our country’s 230th birthday. I will also be celebrating a week away from all things vocational. I thought that beginning tomorrow; I would key my entries around items relevant to our nation’s history, and stories about 4th of July celebrations past.

But today, merely a few musings:

If you have never been to Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia, make an effort to go. It is a wonderful piece of living history. If you have kids, do them a favor and take them. Also in the area, is Busch Gardens, (Apollo’s Chariot is a GREAT coaster) and the site of the Battle of Yorktown…Just head east for an hour and you can also enjoy Virginia Beach.

If you plan to be near Ohio anytime during the summer, make a run for the city of Chillicothe and enjoy one the finest outdoor dramas anywhere. “Tecumseh” is a fantastic, action packed play that depicts the life of the great Shawnee chief.

RIP to Aaron Spelling…While I was never a big fan of his shows, I do admire the enormous talent that he had…It’s a shame that acorn Tori fell so far away from the tree.

Lastly, it is said that John Hancock inked his signature on the Declaration so large in order for the near-sighted King George III to be able to read it. I like the explanation that Jon Stewart gives in his book, “America”. The book claims that Hancock was 23 feet tall and was merely writing in his usual manner.


And Now…Our Moment of Hinn

"You know, I've looked for one verse in the Bible -- I just can't seem to find it -- one verse that says, 'If you don't like'em, kill'em." I really wish I could find it!

--Benny Hinn

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that damn America book. I should re-read it as my patriotic duty for next week. ;)