Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Requiescat in Pace


“A well spent day brings happy sleep, so a well spent life brings happy death.”

--Leonardo DaVinci


My mom passed away early Friday morning following a brief battle with illness. She will be sorely missed, but fondly and oft times remembered. She was a strong, funny, and principled woman who no matter what, had room in her heart and her house for all of her family.

She was great mom, a loving wife, and a loyal Democrat through and through. And while she did not enjoy bagwine like her son, she did enjoy the occasional Bailey’s or a good Bock beer.

With that I will say, “Cheers, Mom, and tell Dad I said, Hi.”


Mr. Hinn will be back tomorrow…No one upstages my mom…….

3 comments:

Schmoop said...

Thanks adav...She went quickly...She was a great woman...Married over 50 years, nine kids, and still managed to laugh !! A saint indeed...

By the way I had Sloppy Joes last week...Quite tasty

Unknown said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. :( I was beginning to worry about you for awhile, but I never would have guessed you would have suffered such a loss. I'm heartened to hear that she did not suffer...

Big hugs..

Allie

Schmoop said...

Thank Ya...Under the circumstances, it went as well as it could...