Monday, August 14, 2006

Mondays Are a Pain in the Neck

I am not particularly fond of Mondays because I am usually worn out from the weekend. I did have plenty of fun on Saturday, but yesterday I just kinda coasted. I went to see my son who had just returned from his vacation that he went on with his uncle and his family. We watched the DVD of him swimming with the dolphins at Discovery Cove and talked about the fun that he had. We just hung out for awhile.

Upon returning home I popped open a bottle of Rose, had a few hors d’oeuvres and watched the Reds game and some of the Little League World Series. Turned the sound down and watched as I listened to my Mark Knopfler/Emmylou Harris CD. I was taking it easy so I wouldn’t feel like death come Monday morning.

Later in the evening, I had some wonderfully prepared Spaghetti, courtesy of Chef Schmoop. Those of you who have read me for awhile know that I am losing weight by avoiding carbs, but hey it was the first time in ages that I had eaten pasta, and it was damn good.

Upon a little news watching and digestion, I settled in to bed early. I was so excited that at least THIS Monday would not be so ugly. With a smile upon my face, I soon fell asleep.

Several hours later I was gently awaken by the chirping of a happy Cardinal and a bladder that was engorged. Before I got out of bed, I laid there thinking, “Wow, no hangover, well-rested, and it’s Monday!!” And then as I arose, “Ouch, holy shit !!” I discovered that I was the new owner of an incredibly painful neck cramp. The whole left side of my neck is frozen stiff, from the top of my shoulder to the base of my brain. I have to turn my entire body around if I want to look the other way. It’s just not fair; I had been so well behaved.

I figure that no matter what I do, Monday is always gonna kick my ass. So next Sunday, back to the basics. I am going to drink four fifths of Rose, tea bag a half dozen hookers, and eat three big ass burgers (without buns of course) with a side bacon. Monday is one tough SOB, so before I meet it again next week, I am going to do what I do best.


And Now…Our Moment of Hinn:

“What was the appearance of God the Father? Like that of a man... God has the likeness of fingers and hands and a face.”

--Benny Hinn

12 comments:

Schmoop said...

8 Hookers it will be, Nick...and not only chili on top of the burgers but a smattering of white cole slaw as well...The CD is a good one indeed.

Sorry 'bout your head Allie, you should have stuck with Rose. Penny Nickels and Bill Dollar star in "There's No Such Thing as a Free Box Lunch." A wokka wokka.

Laura said...

Hmm, I have a sore neck this morning, too! I'm also tired from not getting to sleep until 1 (note to self: no coffee after 6 pm), then having the younger child wake me up at 2 am. Definitely go for the oily hookers!

Schmoop said...

Ahhhh yes, I dont miss the nights being awakened by a young child...And since you and your fellow Washingtonian concur, OILY Hookers it shall be.

Mo and The Purries said...

Oily hookers and chili-bacon burgers? Hot damn! Who knew Springfield was such a rockin' place on Sundays? Maybe you should call next Sunday the Bagwine Festival. Rose, burgers, and oily hookers for all!

As for your neck -- try warmth on it to relax the muscles, not ice. One of those thera-wrap heat things will really help. That and some wine, of course...
hope your neck feels better!

Schmoop said...

Bagwine Festival? Sounds like that may be a future post, Morgen.

Affirmative Nick, a dozen it is. I'll go out and by rubber sheets right away. Not only can I then wet the bed, the oily hookers will slide around much easier!!

Schmoop said...

um....that would be "BUY" rubber sheets

Unknown said...

Go cheap on the rubber sheets. Oily hookers can be pricey these days... $70 a barrel and all... ;)

Schmoop said...

I'll try to find Kuwaiti hookers they come furnished with thir own oil.

Anonymous said...

Is this blog site a desperate attempt to hide your homosexuality?

You woke up with something stiff...but was it really your neck?

Schmoop said...

I'm as straight as an arrow, not nearly as long but straight nonetheless.

Carmen San Diego said...

Hey are you doin a diet like the atkins or south beach or just trying to watch your carbs? I'm just wondering. i've tried both and didn't do to well one them (losing weight wise) I simply had bad breath and gas. LOL. I hope you neck is better tomorrow.

Carmen

Penrick said...

I can help move that stiffness down. I would also like to enjoy a relaxing Sunday after kicking it up all night Saturday.

If we play our cards right, we could both call in sick Monday morning.

As for the hookers, save your money. You had me at "I'm the man!" I can help you spend the money elsewhere though