Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christamas Eve: Death and Swimming Pools

I’m nine years old. I am in my bed and its Christmas Eve. My family, consisting of Mom and Dad, nine of us kids, and a few spouses, has just smoked, drank, and exchanged presents to the point of exhaustion. There is nothing left for me to do but go into a slumber and wait for morning to see what Mom and Dad Claus had given me. My bed is cool and soft I shall sleep well.

As I lie there, in and out of consciousness, my brother John comes in and gets into my brother Marty’s bed. (No, he’s not molesting my brother Marty…Get your mind out of the gutter) Marty must have fallen asleep on the basement couch. I yawn, fix my pillow, and am fast asleep.

I am dreaming about the weather forecast set that I had asked for. I see visions of my anemometer spinning in the winter winds, and me carefully marking the changes in pressure with my barometer. In my somnolent world all is well. Suddenly my dream takes me for a dive into a swimming pool. This nine year old stud is in his swimming trunks splashing around with a scantily clad Veronica from the Archies. As we playfully wrestle and kiss each other on the cheek, I am praying like hell for her top to fall off.

And then, BAM…The splashing noise becomes louder and louder, a discordant mélange of cymbals, tone deaf church bells, and grindstones. Veronica is fading, as the tone grows exponentially. I writhe and force my eyes to stay shut so I can finish my exuberant pre-teen squishy dream. It is no use; the noise extricates me back to reality. I sit up and try to focus on the origin of the cursed noise. It is my brother John.

An orchestra of sound is emanating from his motionless body. Gurgling, snoring, sounds I had never heard. This is a dirge. My brother is dying. I run to Mom’s room and tell her to hurry John is dying. She takes my hand and we race to the bedroom. She listens for a second and begins to chuckle. “Holy Crap what’s so funny? Do something” I say. “Matt…Maaatt, John’s not dying. He’s grinding his teeth in his sleep; now go back to bed.”

When I awoke Christmas morning John was still alive, my folks came through with the Weather Forecast kit, and we had a good laugh over my plight. But one thing that bugs me to this day is that December 24, 1974 was my first, last, and best chance to have pool sex with Veronica Lodge.


Cheers…

1o Days Left to Enter Our Contest...Details HERE

23 comments:

Lizza said...

You were nine years old and dreaming about having sex already? And with a spoiled, self-centered (albeit gorgeous) comic book character at that!

Schmoop said...

Sad but true Lizza...I started becoming horny the previous year when I had Mrs. Thomas as a second grade teacher...Smokin' Hot. But I have moved away from the spoiled, self centered women.

The Boy said...

You mean there's something wrong about dreaming about sex at 9 years old? Ehem... of course there is...

Steven said...

I'm so hard right now that it hurts. ;)

Steve~

Mo and The Purries said...

grinding teeth, weather kits, and cartoon sex fantasies.
always a good read here at the Bagwine!

I'm very impressed that you know Veronica's last name, too!

Schmoop said...

Boy: Of course there isnt anything wrong. Back then I could dream about what I was going to do. Now I dream about things that I cant do.

Steve: Maybe the toothfairy can help you out with your "condition".

Mo: Isnt funny how odd things seem to fall into place, and how could I not remember the woman of my dream's last name?

y.Wendy.y said...

Please don't tell me that 9 year old boys dream about sex. I will vomit on my keyboard.

gah!

Schmoop said...

I guess I am the exception Wendz, but then again when I was nine I wanted to be a weatherman. And as you can tell from many of my posts, I rarely think about sex...no really.

Desert Songbird said...

God help me! My son is 7 1/2, and he likes to tell me that when he looks at a pretty girl his penis stands up and it tickles.

Sigh...and so it begins.

Schmoop said...

HAHA...Good Man. Good luck with that one Songbird!!

Janna said...

So Marty really was ok, sleeping somewhere else?
When I read the subject line of the post, I thought it was gonna be some tragic story about how you THOUGHT Marty was downstairs on the sofa, but actually he was drowning in the back yard, and you'd all wake up in the morning to find the horrible sight of him floating face down... (shudder)...
But thank goodness you were just toying with us again, like the Corky's-not-really-dead story.
Hooray for happy endings, I guess! :)
Sorry to hear about you and Veronica. Try to stay away from those spoiled rich girls. What about Betty? Try Betty. She's nicer and more down-to-earth. (Though it bugs me that I can't seem to remember her last name...)
Anyone? Anyone? What was Betty's last name??
There was Archie Andrews, Veronica Lodge, Jughead Jones, Reggie Mantle, and Betty....???????

Schmoop said...

Betty Cooper....And Just where the hell have you been Mizz Janna. Have you been shaking the effects of the Hot Sauce infused pasta?

Odat said...

Nine kids???????????? wow!
and so sorry to hear that you couldn't finish your dream...do you hate your brother still for grinding his teeth at that most inopportune time???
Just for that I touched your monkey twice today.
Peace

Schmoop said...

Ooooooo thanks odat, my monkey thanks you. Yeah nine kids annoying but fun. I hate him to this day for interrupting my Sugar Sugar.

Tiggerlane said...

Came to your site by virtue of the Ice Box (Desert Songbird), and after laughing about this story - you are now on my list of must-reads!

Desert Songbird said...

Uh-oh, Tigg, a nice Texan girl like you might get corrupted by the likes of Matt-Man. Watch out!

Desert Songbird said...

BTW, Matt-Man -- I just NOW got around to adding you to my blogroll. Forgive my tardiness. Mea culpa.

Unknown said...

Veronica, eh? I would have pegged you as a Betty man... ;)

Cheesy said...

Well Sugar~Sugar MattM~~~ It's 32 years later,,, I'm not a brunette,,, but,,, I have a hot tub and you can call me Veronica!?!?!

Shamelle said...

I like your sense of humour.
Great read!

Sham
Enhance Life

Schmoop said...

Tigger: Thanks for stopping by!! I am glad you liked it. And dont believe a word that songbird says...I'm harmless...tasteless is another story.

Songbird: Your words are so very hurtful. But thanks for adding me and I will certainly do the same : )

Allie: Sorry I missed ya pal, bu tglad you are home safe my friend. I have a thing for dark hair and the V-Woman seems a little kinky.

Cheesy: You always know exactly the right thing to say. As soon as the weather breaks I am catching the first flight to the Beaver State. he he he Beaver State.

Sham: Thanks for stopping, I'll make sure to check you today...Cheers

Desert Songbird said...

Hurtful, huh? Normally I take the passive role...

Schmoop said...

Passive eh? Do tell...