Monday, December 03, 2007

A Week Of Weighty Issues

There is so much going on in our world right now that I am just not sure what I should write about. It’s the first full week of December and Don Imus makes his return to radio today. Ho Ho Ho. Hugo Chavez’s ballot initiative that would have allowed him to become President for Life and socialize Venezuela was defeated.

The college football bowl season has been set, Christmas is just around the corner, and in spite of a recent snowstorm, the Iowa political scene is reaching a fever pitch. If the polls are accurate, on the Dem side, it is better to be black than to be a candidate with a rack. The GOP polls show that Hawkeye state Republicans prefer a backwoods Evangelical over a millionaire Mormon, or a Big Apple Catholic.

Like I said, so much going on, but to me there is one news story that stands above all others in importance. The U.S. Surgeon General has brazenly come out and told Santa Claus to lose weight.

U.S. Surgeon General, Rear Admiral (obviously a proctologist) Steven K. Galson has said that Santa’s generous girth is no laughing matter. He states that Santa, due to his jolly, quaking, quivering belly is a poor role model for children.

I am outraged. Who does this guy think he is? What gives him the right? And most importantly, how in the hell is it possible to be both a General AND an Admiral!!?

Santa has been and always should be portly. So what if he spends the off season eating greasy reindeer burgers, spumoni ice cream, and Keebler Cookies…when Christmas Eve comes around he suits up, circumnavigates the globe, and delivers the goods to sweet little children. Let’s see Dr. Galson do that. Galson couldn’t hold Santa’s bag. Literally and figuratively.

If I went to a Mall and saw a skinny Santa, I wouldn’t wonder about what the kids were asking for; I would be wondering whether the Santa was addicted to drinking Sterno or smoking crack. If there is anything that I don’t need in my life, it is any additional confusion. Leave my belief system alone and let Santa be Santa.


Santa has been screwed by the political correctness police so much of late. He no longer smokes his pipe…He is not allowed to say, “Ho, Ho, Ho” and now he is supposed to go on a diet.

If I was Santa and busted my ass crawling down a family’s chimney and my only reward was to be greeted by a plate of celery sticks and skim milk, I wouldn’t be leaving presents; I would raid the refrigerator and leave a big old Santa dump on their kitchen floor.

So to all of you whiny ass, tofu eating busybodies and "victimized" parents everywhere, I am sorry if your kid is fat, but that’s your fault not Santa’s. Take the feed bag off of your child and send him or her out to play.

And as for you, Mr. Steven K. Galson. I saw Santa’s list. I checked it twice. Your name was nowhere to be found. Ahhhhh, I love the sugarplum sweetness of Jolly Justice.

Cheers!!

38 comments:

Julie said...

A skinny Santa? Why that's just blasphemous!

Odat said...

I look at it this way: Santa's been around a really long time so he must be doing something right...
I'm just saying...
Peace

Schmoop said...

Julie: Thank you, you're damn right. Cheers!!

Odat: Why do people want to mess with perfection? Cheers!!

Desert Songbird said...

A skinny Santa who can't say "Ho" - next they'll be saying he needs colorization because he's too white.

Whatever.

Schmoop said...

Songbird: No doubt...I can't believe PETA hasn't given him hell for the work he puts the reindeer through. Cheers!!

Jeff B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff B said...

Just deleted because your comment was exactly what I said.

Anyway, well said and to hell with all the PC crap.

Schmoop said...

Jeff: Thanks...I know that people meddling in the businees of others is nothing new, but when did folks start enjoying it and making a living off of it. Cheers!!

DrillerAA said...

I think that in order for an Admiral to be a General, there are cross dressing issues involved.

As for the Santa comment, the Admiral/General should have followed the advice, "It is often better to remain silent and let the world believe you're a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Schmoop said...

Drilleraa: Ah cross-dressing a topic near and dear to my heart. That quote does indeed apply quite nicely here.

Thanks for stopping by and Cheers!!

Marilyn said...

A doctor once told me that he's seen lots of 90-year-old fat people but not so manny smokers. Not saying you or Santa have to quit smoking, just that if Santa had to give up a habit it ought to be that pipe, not the Christmas cookies.

They've been doing this Santa dissing thing in the popular media for years and Santa still looks like Santa.

Schmoop said...

Marilyn: I would quit smoking but of course my doctor said that I am not getting enough tar. If someone is going to change Santa in any way, make him a hot babe. Cheers!!

katherine. said...

They best not NOT fuck with Santa...they will get coal in their stockings

If you really want to make people upset...say "Merry Christmas". My daughter and I were buying CHRISTMAS ornaments...and when the nice teenager finished wrapping each one in tissue paper so they wouldn't break and handed us the bags, I said "thank you...Merry Christmas"

people around me actually gasped...but the girl smiled and said "thank you...you too" One lady was "tsk-tsking me" and I looked at her all innocent...and my daughter said..."she doesn't like you saying Christmas" to which I replied...."I can Goddamn say MERRY CHRISTMAS if I want to"

When the lady started to say "no you can't" Rhiannon tugged my arm clear out of Pier One.

I'm going to say Merry Christmas for the next three weeks whenever I can.

katherine. said...

okay...I've had too much coffee this morning....

Lisa Ryan said...

I am outraged that someone would DARE tell Santa to lose weight. WTF? and I am so with Katherine (too much coffee or not)you can't say "Merry Christmas?" WTF to that too! and as for "it's better to be black than to have a rack" I disagree. It's better to be black than to be Hilary Clinton with a rack. You find the right woman with the rack and she'll be voted in.

Lisa Ryan said...

Have a good day Matt! :-)

Mo and The Purries said...

Skinny Santa: like Mama said in Rudolph, "Eat, Santa, Eat!"

I was gonna say "Ho Freakin' Ho" but I'm strangely moved to say "Merry Christmas!"

Ed & Jeanne said...

Surgeon General? Would you want a surgeon that is just general??? And do you really think this guy was EVER a surgeon? I bet the only thing he ever cut into was Santa!

the Book of Keira said...

Yes, because I aspired to look just like Santa Claus when I was a kid :P

Schmoop said...

Kat: Un-fucking believable. Did people really gasp? Merry Goddamn Christmas to you too, and I mean that in the most Christian way. Rock on, you sexy birth of the Nazarean you. Cheers!!

Lisa: I agree. If you dont celebrate Christmas it doesn't mean that you have to pee on my yulelog. Cheers and have a good day yourself.

Mo: Hi Stranger!! Yes I am chastising you. When you are strangely moved I like it. But don't tell anyone. Cheers!!

VE: Those who can do, those who can't, become Surgeon General. Cheers!!

Schmoop said...

108: I have been Santa-Like off and on throughout my life. Ho Ho Ho. Cheers!!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Australia says no HO HO HO, now this clowny says lose weight?

That is just so...so...so...pagan... are you Rod parsley and Ann Coulter are not behind this?

Schmoop said...

Bond: I cant answer for Pastor Parsley, but my guess is that Anthrax Coulter likes Santa the way he is because he resembles Dick Cheney. Cheers!!

Unknown said...

Santa has longevity which is more than any politician can say!!!!

As usual you kept me reading to the end.

Schmoop said...

Sassy: You're darn right, and thanks, that was a nice compliment. Cheers!!

maryt/theteach said...

Aw, for Pete's sake, poor Santa! Let's leave Santa alone...let him say "Ho, Ho, HO." And let him eat all the cookies and milk he wants. Sheesh!

Thanks for visiting me, Matt-man

Schmoop said...

Teach: That's the way it should be. My pleasure, those pictures you posted were very clear and very sharp. Cheers Mary!!

Deb said...

Just like those folks who sue McDonald's for gaining weight! hehehe!!!

Let us all be fat and jolly... well...jolly. It's Jenny Craig for me..and of course, anger management...

Schmoop said...

Deb: You are correct as always. And you? A course in anger management? Maybe you can get the phone company to pay for it. Cheers!!

none said...

That rear admiral needs a dirty sanchez for messing with Santa.

Schmoop said...

Hammer: HA!! Well Put. Cheers!!

Travis Cody said...

Hear hear!

Can we please get our government officials to start paying attention to stuff that is truly important?

Jumpin' Jeehosophat!!

Raven said...

The Admiral/Surgeon.general/Proctologist needs to take the stick out of his ass and get in the Christmas spirit.
These people who want to take away all the fun things of childhood, a jolly Santa, Saying Merry Christmas...blah. Next Santa won't be able to deliver the gifts because that's encouraging breaking and entering.

RW said...

Hey late again f---ing ISP and the ball looks good Matt thanks for the plug!

Unknown said...

Many of us join you, Matt-Man, in your righteous rage against Admiral Galson, who, if not proctologist, is at the very least an asshole. He is attacking the vested interest of many of us Santas.

As I put in my jokes blog yesterday, there are 4 stages of life for us (who Galson has assailed):
1) We believe in Santa Claus.
2) We don't believe in Santa Claus.
3) We are Santa Claus.
4) We look like Santa Claus.

Schmoop said...

Travis: You are correct my good man. Cheers and Ho, Ho, Ho!!

Raven: Breaking and entering, eh? I'm sure that someone, somewhere has just read your comment and had an epiphany. Cheers!!

Roger: Tsk Tsk. Be on time from now on. You are welcome and thanks for all of the balls.
Cheers!!

Nick: Well said and I saw your SC comparison, very funny. Cheers!!

Lee Ann aka Dixie said...

Sorry I missed this post.

But this is just as bad as the political correct shit ... Santa not saying HO HO HO because it may offend someone. Give me a freakin break!

What next ... they are going to come down on the Easter Bunny because some call him "Peter Cotton Tail"?

All I can say is I hope the Ghost of Christmas Past pays him a visit... Scrooge!!!!

Schmoop said...

Dixie: No Kiddin'. Things are getting way out of hand. Cheers!!