Sunday, December 02, 2007

Sunday Morning Church Disservice: Evel Comes To Heaven

It’s a rainy Sunday here in Bagwine, Ohio. I don’t mind the weather, because I have quite a bit of computer work to do today and I won’t feel as badly sitting here doing it as I would if it was a nice day. (My, that was an oddly constructed sentence.) Today’s service focuses on two things, reflection and food.

Evel Knievel passed away this week. He spent his life thrilling millions without any regard for his body whatsoever. Evel would fly through the air on his motorcycle jumping over buses, cars, and canyons in an attempt to excite marveling onlookers and confront his secret addiction to a rare form of masochism involving punctured colons and shattered clavicles.

While his name may have been “Evel” and he may have been called a “Dare-Devil” he is safely with the Lord now…And I have it on authority from the Almighty himself that after Mr. Knievel finishes up his entry processing into Heaven, he will hop on Ezekiel’s Wheel and jump over not 10, not 11, but all 12 Apostles. God speed, Evel Knievel, God speed.


Prior to Sunday’s service, I like to have a good meal on Saturday night. Last night, I made SPAM Parmigian. Oh sure, scoff if you will, but it was delicious. And here is how it was done...



I collect my ingredients…SPAM, garlic powder, oregano, and basil…












I sprinkle the mouth watering SPAM with the aforementioned ingredients…












I then top the Filets de la SPAM with pizza sauce and place in a 350 Degree oven…










Just before they are done cooking, add some mozzar…Oh wow, how did that get in there? I forgot...There was a delay in finishing the culinary delights and I didn’t take a picture of the end product…But trust me, they were Yum-Oh!!

And so was the SPAM Parmigian!!


And now, let us bow our heads and pray…

Lord, please, we beg of you, assure us all that the rumors of Britney Spears being pregnant are completely false. Lord, hear our prayer.

Lord, move Rod Parsley’s spirit to respond to my emails to him. Not because it is the right thing to do, but because it is the funny thing to do. Lord, hear our prayer.

Amen, and Amen.

Enjoy your Sunday, and as always, Cheers!!

NOTE: Check out Turnbaby’s BlogTalk Radio Show tonight. For details, click HERE.


42 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

Uh....hmmmm...er...yeah.

Good morning.

Eh?

Schmoop said...

Songbird: A glorious good morning to you too. Cheers and God Bless You!!

Cheesy said...

Amen... let it be so~~

Schmoop said...

Cheesy: Good to hear 'bout your sister. Enjoy your Sunday. Cheers!!

Jeff B said...

I think the pic makes perfect sense.

You must not have had any cheese on hand because it wasn't shown in the 'ingerdients' pic. So you improvised.

Cheese is made from milk. Where do we get milk? Ta Daa!

That's my kind of grocery shopping.

Durward Discussion said...

One emerges from the Bagwine services feeling to edified and cleansed at least I hope that is what the itchy sensation is.

Schmoop said...

Jeff: What an udderly good comment. Hmmmm? Motitrella Cheese. I like it. Cheers!!

Schmoop said...

Jamie: I try my best to instill the spirit of Bagwine in to one and all. Bless you my friend, and I'm sending some Gold Bond powder your way. Cheers!!

RW said...

SPAM Parmigian that last part is alllllright! lol..Evel Knievel was my hero when I was a kid I had the toy Harly with Evel on it I use to make it jump over the barn roof pretend to jump the Snake River...Hey he was the man! Rest in peace Evel!!...Matt I sent you another ball I hope you can find it in your email lol...Good Sunday to you!

Schmoop said...

Roger: Thanks for the ball. It is up, but my ball is too small...I'll have to increase the size of my ball. Cheers!!

RW said...

lol well it will happen naturally the older ya get the bigger they get!

Schmoop said...

Roger: And the closer to the floor they get. Cheers!!

Liz Hill said...

LMAO--no wonder you are in a chipper mood this morning.

Thanks for the pimping sugar-hope you can join us tonight.

Schmoop said...

TB: I feel FANTASTIC. Tonight, if I am sober enough and Schmoop is asleep, I'll call in and pass along the details...OUCH!! Dammit she was looking over my shoulder as I typed this. Be back later. Cheers!!

Beth said...

Scuse me...don't I deserve a freakin award here??? Hmmm???

Schmoop said...

Schmoop: Yes you do, here, enjoy the Bagwine Booby Prize. Cheers!!

Marilyn said...

Yay for Schmoop's good humor and bravery... unless that isn't Schmoop and then kudos for putting up with you.

We're all out of Spam so we'll have to wait till next week to try the recipe.

Schmoop said...

Marilyn: If that wasn't Schmoop I would be a dead man. The SPAM Parmigian was actually pretty good, especially with the side of mac 'n' cheese. Cheers my friend and enjoy your Sunday.

Ed & Jeanne said...

Cool...Evel...I heard it on my blog first. I do that all the time, leave some random comment that would make a good bit of a post. But seriously, SPAM and evel in the same post? How clever of you, after all, everyone knows the evils of spam!

Schmoop said...

VE: Tsk Tsk...SPAM is not evil it is manna from the Heavens. Cheers!!

katherine. said...

I use to love evel...until I had a kid that would build jumps with his buds and talk about how much air they got....then I cursed evel knievel...

you are out of Oregano

(hey Schmoop....I have the same bra)

Schmoop said...

Kat: I know...I used the last of the oregano last night. Can we see a picture of you in that bra. I promise not to show anyone. Not even (especially) Schmoop. Cheers Buddy!!

Anonymous said...

I came here looking for an article on Evel and found a most wonderous recipe too...bonus! The Sunday here is a good old fashion storm , so I am reading what others have to say. I do have a suggestion for the ball size...had to make sure the kid wasn't around. Pull and rub! Yes in a few short minutes no more worries and I have found you get a nap too! Good Sunday to you all!

Unknown said...

And the congregation said: “Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-meeeeeeeeeeen!”

Schmoop said...

Nick: Praise you brother Nick. Cheers!!

Schmoop said...

Freeborn: Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the recipe. And based upon your suggestion, I will pull and rub the night away. Cheers!!

the Book of Keira said...

First of all: SPAM... ew!

Second of all: Them is some nice titties. Are they yours?

God be with you...

katherine. said...

hell no.

you've got more than you can handle right there.

Schmoop said...

108: SPAM is great. What are you crazy? And those lovely 40 C's belong to Schmoop. They're precious and integral to my mental health. Cheers!!

Schmoop said...

Kat: I am truly blessed. Cheers!!

Unknown said...

Matt we got 8 inches we can send you man....
of you snow you pervert. You asked me to send some!

Loved Sunday's prayers and am glad we honored the great Evil Kneivel today, he deserved it.

Also liked the cartoon, last post.

Have a glorious Sunday night, what's on the menu?
I'm off to dinner with the in-laws.

Sassy

Schmoop said...

Sassy: 8 Inches? Bless you my darling. Okay, snow is fine too.

Odat said...

I don't know how you can eat that stuff......(did you get to eat it at all??? hehe)
Peace

none said...

Kineval was one of a kind. He was one of my childhood heroes. I wince everytime I see one of his jumps,

Crazy Working Mom said...

Great meal in honor of the late evel. :)

Hope you enjoyed it...AND the err...ummm...other too!

Travis Cody said...

Huh? What?

Schmoop said...

Odat: But SPAM is DEELISH!! And yes I ate every bit of it.

Hammer: I know what you mean. Ya never knew if his jump would end up killing him. Cheers!!

CrAzY: I enjoyed both items on the menu. Cheers!!

Travis: Yes...

Julie said...

He had more then one colon? Bwahahaha!!

I'm think you should have eaten the breasts instead of the spam.

Schmoop said...

Well he was prolific. I had a little of both. Cheers!!

Mo and The Purries said...

Glad the implants weren't rejected.
Too bad you had to shave your chest.
Who knew spam could replace silicone in the beauty-enhancement-industry?

Lisa Ryan said...

I think it's only appropriate you showed Schmoop in her good "going to church" bra. It was Sunday afterall. Glad you two had a wonderful, spamolicious weekend.

Schmoop said...

Mo: I make you hot don't I?

Lisa: She has always liked to present herself to God in her finest frockery. Cheers, your Hotness!!