Saturday, March 01, 2008

A New Month...A New COW, and a Dutch Treat

Wow!! It is already March 1st.

Seems like only yesterday it was February. Where does the time go?

March is a busy month.


Spring begins, Drunkenness ensues on St. Paddy’s Day, Schmoop turns 42 26, and...

I get to turn the page on my George W. Bush Countdown To Leaving Office Calendar. Boo Yah!!

Anyhoo, Sindi tagged me with a meme (and most of you know how I feel about those) that asks 39 questions of the, um...memee?

I thought I would answer a few at a time. So to wit, and heretofore, are a couple of my answers…


13. Favorite food?

As you know, I do love the greasy goodness of fried SPAM, but I also have a love of Baloney sandwiches on white bread, smothered in cottage cheese and Cheetos. Yum-Frickin’-Oh!!

39. How many countries have you been to?

I have only been to the vast wasteland that is Canada. It was very unmemorable, and as exciting as watching a curling match.

I would like to go to the Netherlands. I came across a blogger named the Dutch Bitch.

For some reason, she reminds me of the ABBA chick, Frida Lyngstad. Purrrrrrrr.

It would be great to fly over and explore her lowlands.

If I went there and failed to hook up with Dutchie, Holland still has two other things of note…Legal prostitution, and delicious cheese. Proost and Gezondheid!!


31. What are you afraid of?

Sure, I know many of you think that I am fearless, but that is not the case. I fear clowns, midgets, and librarians.


If I ever come across a midget, dressed up like Bozo, discussing the nuances of the Dewey Decimal System, I would probably spontaneously combust.

There it is, a little insight into the Matt-Man. I’ll answer more queries from Sindi next Saturday.


And now, it’s time for the Bagwine Ruminations Comment of the Week…



As expected, our COW comes from my Half Nekkid Thursday post. Our winner this week is Marilyn, who authors More Random Than Average.

Marilyn’s comment is proof positive that not only are Bagwine readers smart, their children are insightful and intuitive as well.

Marilyn’s comment comes indirectly from her adorable young daughter, Jasmine…

“So Jasmine starts to walk in here and I say, "No! there's inappropriate stuff on this blog".

and she says..."Matt-Man's blog?"
How'd she know?”

How precious…Please stop by and congratulate one of the driest wits in the blogosphere on roping this week’s COW. You can visit Marilyn by clicking HERE.

Enjoy your Saturday folks, I am off to see the Matt-Man clone for a few.

Cheers!!


45 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. I am not sure Dutchyland can handle you!!!

Schmoop said...

Dutch: I think they could, after all, they're all doped up most of the time. Have a fun night. Cheers!!

Dana said...

CONGRATULATIONS to Marilyn! I know that comment cracked me up when I read it!

It's been quite a week for you Matt-Man, and now you've got March all laid out for your enjoyment?? Oh my, Marilyn's daughter may be permanently banned from viewing the computer!

Schmoop said...

Dana: You said, "laid out for your enjoyment". Tee Hee.

Her daughter is probably smart enough to not frequent my site.

Yep big Month ahead, and just think, only 22 meatless days left. Cheers!!

leelee said...

Morning Matt...again a pleasure to read your ruminations. I got a kick out of Marylin's comment as well, there were so many good ones. Must have been hard to choose.

22 days of meatlessness left? have you already ordered that side of beef for your freezer? Your Lenten Meatless Diet has been such a success..perhaps you want to change your "lifestyle" ... Vegan Matt perhaps??

Have a great day!!

Schmoop said...

Leelee: Hey There L. Yeah, it is getting more and more difficult to pick just one COW.

Me? Vegan? Bite your tongue. Better yet, let me bite it. Have a Faboo day. Cheers!!

Cheesy said...

There is a place right her in the states that has delicious Cheese~~
wink wink..

Congratz Marilyn... next time lock the doors and bar the windows for your viewing pleasure!

Schmoop said...

Cheesy: I hear that the cheese in Oregon is the tasiest in all the world. Yum-Oh. Cheers!!

The Absurdist said...

Don't do dutchie. Do me. she doesn't need any sex, and you don't have to travel intercontinentally to visit me.

Schmoop said...

Absurdist: Wow, and Thanks...Nothing like being propositioned early on a Saturday Morning.

My March just started off with a bang. Cheers!!

Desert Songbird said...

You DO know that my nickname in college was "Dutchie," right? Because I am, in fact, really and truly Dutch. You DID know that, right?

Marilyn said...

Wow, I'm honored and Jasmine is sitting here giggeling.

I've done such a rotten job of visiting lately that I never dreamed I'd get a COW... I can't wait to post the graphic to my blog so all of my three readers can learn more about the joy that is Bagwine.

Jeff B said...

Inappropriate stuff? Are you kidding me?

I've already lobbied the local school district to make reading this blog part of the third grade curriculum.

Schmoop said...

Songbird: Yes I knew you were Dutch. And that you have really nice windmills. Cheers!!

Marilyn: Well congrats to you and Jasmine. Enjoy the Bagwine love and post the COW proudly. Cheers!!

Jeff: Take away some the language and I am pretty much on the same level as a third greader. Cheers!!

Odat said...

I'm afraid of clowns too...they eat people....(not in a good way tho).
And that sandwich.....YUCKOOOOOOOOOO!
Congrats to Marilyn...very cute.

Schmoop said...

Odat: Don't knock the sandwich until you've tried it. Dee-Lish.

Have a great Saturday; I hope it doesn't involve visions of Pennywise. Cheers!!

Sindi said...

I may have to try that sandwich. My favorite sandwich is a toasted mayonaise and pickle sandwich. Yummy :)

Schmoop said...

Sindi: You should and by the way it's a small world.

I love toasted mayo and pickle, but I add Peanut Butter to the mix. Mangia. Cheers!!

Travis Cody said...

One should never underestimate the creepiness of clowns.

I tried that combo of boloney, cottage cheese, and freetos. It works, but I could also sub in some cream cheese.

Cheers my man!

Jahooni said...

you're kidding about that sandwhich right?

Schmoop said...

Travis: They are Evil.

Yeah Fritos work well too. And cream cheese? A most underrated food. Love da Cream Cheese. Cheers Travis!!

Schmoop said...

Jahooni: Nope not at all adorable one. It is goooooood. Cheers!!

leelee said...

OMG..Peanut Butter and Mayonnaise is my favorite sandwich! Must be on soft white bread though.

Fried spam and vinegar peppers on an italian roll is another fav...

HUGS! and YUM!

Schmoop said...

Leelee: It is fan-damn-tastic isn't?

Oh boy, SPAM AND Peppers on an Italian roll? I will make that and take pictures shortly after the Resurrection.

You have stolen my heart and my stomach. Cheers!!

leelee said...

8-)

Schmoop said...

Leelee: Nice Face. Cheers!!

Liz Hill said...

You forgot squirrels but they never forget you ;-)

leelee said...

8-P

leelee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You are doing it again! We've been on the same wavelength for too long! Hold on.....where did this...A CAMERA?....MATT! What did you do??

Dutchie is my girl! I hope to visit Dutchlandia someday myself! She's hot!

Schmoop said...

Leelee: Even nicer tongue. Cheers!!

TB: The funny thing is that tomorrow I have to help Ryno with a project on Fox Squirrels. I don't fear them as much as I hate them. Cheers!!

Metal: I'll go with ya and visit DB. We'll have a three way. Cheers!!

Jahooni said...

8-)
Cute!!!! ;)~

Lex Valentine said...

The PITA is half Dutch because the sperm donor is Dutch. One thing I can tell you about the Dutch... they know how to f**k. You should have a great time there!

Congrats to Marilyn and Jasmine! The COW is illustrious! I sigh over mine all the time.

Matt, if any of your readers want to win a prize, I still have not given away the t-shirt with fangs. NO ONE has found the guy from the Air France commercial... I'm in danger of sinking into a decline here...

Happy weekend!

Schmoop said...

Jahooni: As are you, Jahoooooooni. God I love that name. Cheers!!

Schmoop said...

Winter: Thanks for the tip, but I don't think DB or anyone else is drooling over the Matt-Man.

Good luck on finding the name of that model. Cheers!!

Jahooni said...

i bet you wake yourself up in the middle of the night, with sweats, saying my name, huh? ;)~

Schmoop said...

Jahooni: Damn. Are you psychic?

I tell everyone else that my sweats are due to malaria from a mosquito named Jahoooooni.

Cheers!!

leelee said...

8-)~~~~~

I beg to differ hot stuff...c'mon now...teal nightie baby!! I can't shake the image (not that I am trying to or anything...really)

Jahooni said...

mosquitos bite. ;)~ watch out!

Schmoop said...

Leelee: You are too kind. You are evidently blind as well. Try not to shake the image too much I may have an accident all over oyu. ; )

Jahooni: Mmmmmmm. I love Malaria. Care to give me a dose? Cheers!!

Lex Valentine said...

Oh, I think there are plenty of drool bibs that came out on Thursday. LOL I'll have to try one of those half-nekkid Thursdays some time. Although, I think I already did, the time I posted my toes...

Cheesy said...

Oh baby I am with Leelee~~ soft white bread for my pb, mayo and dill pickle sammies!

Anonymous said...

Falalalalalalalala!

Schmoop said...

Winter: That wasn't drool it was tears. Cheers!!

Cheesy: That's some good stuff. Cheers!!

Kyra: Exactly. Cheers!!

katherine. said...

yeah for marilyn....yep...your blog is a favorite with my fam too....ever since the "he'll fuck you up" clip.