Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Palin, Ensign, and Going Hungry

I have a few brief notes and thoughts of interest (interesting to me, not so much to you) to pass on.

It was nice to see that Sarah Palin accepted David Letterman’s apology about his jokes about her daughter.

But seriously…

In her acceptance statement, why did she have to say his joke, her reaction, and the ensuing apology was in part due to our brave young men and women serving in the Armed Forces?

Ha. I know why. She is always politicking. Good God, does she ever stop? Will she ever shut up? Does she ever stop exploiting others for her political benefit?

I don’t think so, and it’s making my ears bleed!!

Lucky for her that her lunacy makes me laugh, because if it didn’t, I’d have to go to Alaska, duct tape her pie hole shut, and then take her daughter out for a cozy “lunch” just for spite.

And by her daughter, I mean, Bristol, not Willow. Capiche, all of you Con-Pervatives ©?

Speaking of Con-Pervatives ©…Sen. John Ensign (R-NV) announced Tuesday that he had an extramarital affair with a female campaign staffer between December 2007 and August 2008.

Tsk, tsk, tsk…Ensign was one of the Senators calling for Clinton to resign over the Lewinsky sexcapade.

As I am not the wife of Ensign, I really don’t give a crap, but I do find the irony and hypocrisy fairly funny.

In fact, I think Ensign is pretty hip for gettin’ his extramarital, Senatorial groove on with a staffer. Unless the staffer is a real pig with small boobs, and man hands.

If that’s the case…screw the philanderer!!

Ryno’s HS basketball team is lifting this summer in advance of the 2009-10 season. As of now, he is listed as the starting Small Forward for the JV team.

I’m taking Ryno to weightlifting today. And when he's done, I am picking him up and taking the 5’10”, 155 pound soon-to-be Freshman to lunch.

I will have to eat something here at home after we go to lunch. We are going to Applebee’s and I only have 30 bucks.

Even though he is fairly thin, the boy can EAT. I figure his part of the bill will come to 25 bucks. That leaves me enough for a glass of tea and the tip.

Hopefully, Ryno will have a new Chuck Norris joke or two for me. He tells them all the time. My favorite is this one:

It’s said that Chuck Norris’ tears can cure cancer. It’s a shame that Chuck Norris doesn’t cry...Ha!!

Anyhoo…That’s all I have today.

I won’t be around much today because I’ll be taking Schmoop to work, carting Ryno around, going hungry as I watch him eat, and then I’m off to work.

Have a wonderful Hump Day, all.

Cheers!!

15 comments:

Jay said...

Looks like Ensign's many years as a member of the Promise Keepers has worked out well for him. He's done a great job of keeping his manly promises. Except for that being faithful and not hurting your family part. Otherwise, he's kicked ass at it. ;-)

Schmoop said...

Jay: Ha It never fails. Those who hold themselves up in rightgeousness end up making fools of themselves. That's why I freely admit that I am an asshole with loose morals. Cheers Jay!!

Ken said...

Hey, I'm an asshole too.....

Wouldn't it suck if "everybody" was the same kind of asshole?

Thank goodness we got greedy ones,
slippery ones,
loud ones,
silent ones,
and of course political assholes.

David said...

I'm always intrigued when the self-righteous have to confront their hypocrisy.

So many of the GOP'ers are adamant about such things as “family values”. Then we see Reagan have multiple marriages and some children who barely speak; Gingrich who divorces his wife as she is in the hospital fighting cancer so he can remarry. Larry Craig’s wide-stance bathroom visits and a whole litany of secretive gay sex events while railing about how awful it is of gays and lesbians wanting equal rights. Palin's refusal to allow sex education in schools and finding first hand that absinence-only education has certain flaws.

There are examples among Democrats as well but they haven't generally been so holier-than-thou leading up to it.

I expect nonsense from politicians but sometimes they surprise even me.

Cheers and happy hump day in Bagwine.

Schmoop said...

Micky: Damn straight it would suck. Life should be like a good whorehouse for gay men...It should offer a wide variety of assholes from which to choose. Cheers Mick!!

Lu' said...

Matt-Man Applebee's has two for twenty at least here they do. Two meals (4 to choose from I believe) with an appetizer for $20.00 not bad :) Hubs and I have partaken twice. Have a good time.

I like that picture of Ryno he resembles Julian Lennon, nice and I mean that strictly in a non Palin/Letterman way HA!

Schmoop said...

David: You are balls-on correct. Ha. But you left out one fine example of GOP hypocrisy. Former Rep. Mark Foley. God, I miss him.

And the funny thing is, Ensign also said that Larry Craig should resign and was a disgrace. As always, Cheers David!!

Schmoop said...

Lu: Yeah that have that here as well. But I can't eat that much at lunch on days I'm working...I'll want to take a nap. I see they have new Slider Burgers...Oh Yeah, Baby!!

I'm glad that you clarified your Ryno comment. I'd hate to have to picket your house and demand your firing from the blogosphere. ; ) Cheers Pal!!

Phfrankie Bondo said...

...I once took my oldest son to an IHOP for what turned out to be a $35.00 breakfast!...

Schmoop said...

Phfrankie: Ha. I feel your pain. And now that he is weightlifting twice a week and practicing twice a week thru the summer, the food bill will only grow exponentially. Cheers P-Man!!

snugs said...

I figured her giving the troops credit is right there along with her seeing Alaska from her kitchen, you just gotta wonder sometimes what color it is in her world, ya know? I'm gonna have to borrow that "Con-Pervatives", but I will be sure to give you the credit..

Dianne said...

Ryno loves NY!! made me happy

I don't even know what to say about Palin and the Con-Pervs (brilliant) anymore

I just keep waiting for the GOP to finally be recognized as a threat to America

Schmoop said...

Snugs: She's a moron. And feel free to use the Con-Perv term liberally. Ha Get It!? The term came to me last night at 10:30. I rather like it. Cheers Snugs!!

Dianne: Are you hitting on my 14 year old kid, you Letterman style perv? I'm sure they'll make a comeback, but right now, the GOP is a joke. A bad one. Cheers Di!!

Cheesy said...

Matt~ As a mommers of many I have some very wise words for you....

ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT Buffets....
THAT'S were you take teenagers! And the Applebee's 2 fer 20? If you can eat that much doesn't he clean your plate too? Cripes mine sure did!

Hey you know what? Real pigs with small boobs, and man hands- they need lovin' too!

I am outraged at the fact David was [IMO] forced to apologize for his JOKE. Don't these people realize that
#1 The aforesaid apology was not sincere.
#2 If David HAD been fired their actions would have put about 100 families in jeopardy by also losing THEIR jobs.
#3 WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO FREE SPEECH?

Ok going back to my corner.
[This whole situation has me seething]

Schmoop said...

Cheesy: I dig buffets but he likes Applebees...the little shit.

As for Letterman...Yeah I am kinda bummed about him apologizing because it just feeds into the "If I whine, I'll get what I want" mentality.

I can't disagree with anything you just said, sexy one. Cheers!!