Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday Morning Church Disservice: Bleah

It’s a warm but unsettled Sabbath in Bagwine, Ohio today. And?…

Write this date down…

Matt-Man is in a pissy mood. I know; it doesn’t happen often.

Seriously…Even when I am being my dour, sarcastic self, I am typically in at least an okay mood, and usually I‘m in a good mood even when I’m bitching.

Right now? Not so much. In fact, I’m not a happy man.

I have quite a few things on my mind, and unfortunately everything hit me Saturday night…the last night of my three day “mini-vacation”.

Much of my lousy mood, is the result of that nebulous feeling of , “Gee, I just can’t put my finger on it.”

I’m sure you are all familiar with that mood…that feeling. I hate it. Because, when I am bummed due to an abstract feeling, it’s hard to deal with such an innocuous feeling, and harder to solve it.

I would much rather be pissed off about something…or someone. That gives one’s irritability, credence…it gives the entire, “pissed off” thing, definition.

Instead, my mind is cluttered with a myriad of things that are ticking me off. It’s hard to focus on just one.

Anyhoo…I have to work today…all day. And, believe it or not, work is not on my list of things that are pissing me off. Well, it’s not anywhere near the top, anyway.

I hope you all have a lovely Sunday.

Amen, and Amen…

And, of course...

Cheers!!

13 comments:

Jeff B said...

Sounds like a classic case of MPMS. Take two pamprin and stay away from salty foods for a few days.

desert rat said...

Yup. I'm familiar with that mood. I wish there was some sort of miracle cure, 'cause I'd patent it, bottle it, sell it and be RICH (Bwahahaha!).

I sincerely hope you can escape from the Land of Pissy soon, m'dear.

((Hug))

desert rat said...

Maybe the "culinary crack" in the Culver's is the culprit.

(Oooh, alliteration: Culver's culinary crack!)

Whew! My parents have some kind of clock that makes bird noises on the hour and it just scared the crap out of me!

Cheesy said...

Better than being pissed on!

Desert Songbird said...

Bummer, man.

Hope you snap out of it soon!

Schmoop said...

Jeff: Stay away from salty foods? Man, that's hard for me. Cheers!!

Desert Rat: Ha. Maybe I'm having withdrawal pains from the Culver's. My mom had one of those clocks. They're annoying. Thanks and Cheers Rat!!

Cheesy: What? You're not into Golden Showers? Cheers!!

Schmoop said...

Songbird: Eh...I'm sure it's temporary. Right? Right!? Cheers!!

Dana said...

There seems to be a lot of this going around these days. Too bad I know EXACTLY where my pissy mood comes from!

Schmoop said...

Dana: Well, I have gone thru my mind, and figured out what is bothering me, and have cleared most of it from my mind. I feel better now. Although, there is one thing still nagging at me, but I'll get over that soon as well. Fortunately, my "pissed off-ness" never lasts all that long. Hope you're having fun. Cheers!!

Michele said...

PMS?

Walk it off baby!

Try to have a better day. XXOO

David said...

I had a bout of the vague funk mood recently but it was mostly caused by 10 days of miserably rainy bleck weather and semi-cabin fever. That brings out my innate inclination for procrastination and then I hate myself for being a slug. It's a vicious cycle. I guess I need a vacation.

Hope your day soon improves - the boobies in the drive-thru should help.

Cheers

micpissy said...

When I get like that, I like to suck it all in and try and find MORE to be pissed at, you know add shit to keep it going.
Then no doubt comes the time when it leaves you, and you can feel good about getting through a bout of pissy-ness

Schmoop said...

Michele: Thanks Michele. Things got much better as the day went on. Cheers!!

David: I know what you mean...especially on the procrastination front. Oy!! Things have gotten much better, thanks. Cheers David!!

Micky: Ha. I have a rant in the works for tomorrow which involves your favorite Alaskan Governor. Cheers Mick!!