Thursday, July 01, 2010

Sunday Morning Church Disservice: Why?

It’s going to be some kind of day weather wise on this Sabbath in Bagwine, Ohio.

I say “some kind”, because I haven’t checked the weather forecast. Eh, I’m off anyway so no big deal.

For today’s Sunday Morning Church Disservice, I once again, invoke the soul and the words of my dad…‘cause well, I need them right now…

Why?

Why do you seek to destroy
all that I build,
knowing full well
that time alone
would serve instead,
and once the pillars rot
and the castles fall,
you would not be burdened
with a sense of guilt?

Why do you taunt me
with practical things
nor realize that all dreams
must someday be shattered,
and falling to earth,
awake each man
with the thunder of mediocrity?

Could it be that deep inside
you cannot watch me suffer
the pain of one
who strives for the stars,
and struggles,
day by sad day,
up a ladder without rungs?


Jack Mahoney ©1974

Amen, and Amen…

Off to see Ryno this morning and then after that, who the fuck knows?

Have a wonderful Sunday, all.

Cheers!!

No comments: