Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Karma Ran Over My Dogma

In the course of human events, we hold these---

Fuck it…

Monday night I was called, arrogant.

One thing I am not, is arrogant.

The one thing I loathe most of all (in addition to hypocrisy) is, arrogance…Superciliousness…I’m all-thatness. Ick.

I was told Monday night, that I’m arrogant.

I was initially taken aback and subdued, but then I got pissed. I am many things, but I have NEVER been called arrogant.

I can be an asshole. I can be a jerk. I can be a person that one never wants to get to know. I have not however…

Been one who puts himself above others…In fact, as much as I make fun of others, I make fun of my own damn self just as much, if not more.

Somebody anonymously (which was sweet) sent me a $100 Kroger gift card , I used it to make cheesy bags full of candy and cookies as Christmas presents for my family.

After our Christmas party, I gave Ryno two gift cards that I had received to two restaurants and in a sweet looking binder gave them to his mom, because I couldn’t afford anything else. But I knew he needed to give her something.

Arrogant? I got your arrogant right here, honey.

I encourage you. I believe in you more than you do, yourself. I love you.

And I get, “You’re arrogant.”

Uh-huh…So be it, and whatever. Karma works itself out. And, I know it will.

Cheers!!

22 comments:

Jay said...

I get called arrogant every once in a while. But, it's usually from someone who is intimidated by my superior upbringing and intellect. So, I dismiss their opinion as insignificant.

Matt-Man said...

Jay: Ha...I am glad you said that, because I was going to say the same thing. Cheers Funny Man!!

Mike said...

Everyone knows your arrogant because of that pompous wine you drink. It's actully been reviewed -here - http://www.blogster.com/bigbison/wine-review-iii
and here - http://liquor-pig.blogspot.com/2009/06/wild-irish-rose.html

Matt-Man said...

Mike: I never thought about that. My wine of choice is a bit snooty isn't it? And ha...I had read that Big Bison page before. Cheers Mike!!

Beth said...

Very good post. I'm sorry I made you angry.

Phfrankie Bondo said...

I never thought you were an argonaut...

Matt-Man said...

Schmoop: Eh, part of life. I'll get over it. Cheers and Zoves!!

P-Man: That's what my best friend Jason tells me all the time. Cheers P-Man!!

MysteryChick said...

Hmmm, arrogant is not a word I'd have ever used to describe you...hilarious, witty, smart, sexy, thought provoking, possibly annoying (I'm basing that on the liver-in-crock-pot episode alone). Not arrogant though.

Matt-Man said...

Chick: Why thank you and Ha!! That crockpot liver episode was indeed, a dark point in my life, and I continue to apologize for it to this day. Cheers Hot Stuff!!

Knight said...

Sounds like somebody knows just the right buttons to push to get you going you arrogant hypocrite.

I kid! I kid!

You are familiar with women, right? You know this is what they do. That’s exactly why I decided not to go with the whole lesbian thing.

Matt-Man said...

Knight: Ha. She hates women too, for the most part, which is why I was shocked...SHOCKED!! Oh well, I'll move on and take it out on her ass...so to speak. Cheers Lovely One!!

Dana said...

Hmmm ... arrogant?

Maybe egotistical, pompous and smug, but NEVER arrogant ;)

Matt-Man said...

Dana: Thank You. I can be egotistical about my writing and humor. I can be smug at times. But pompous? I'm thinkin' not. Cheers Dana!!

Dana said...

I have come to the conclusion that we all have some irrational reactions to words. Smug and pompous are synonyms.

Smug - having or showing an excessive pride in oneself or one's achievements

Pompous - having or exhibiting self-importance

*shrugs*

Joker_SATX said...

Someone calling me Arrogant always brings a smile to my face.....

Matt-Man said...

Dana: Well then, I guess I am irrational. Cheers Dana!!

Matt-Man said...

Joker: Hey there...I don't like it..because it implies haughtiness and "better than you" shit. I'm not like that. Cheers Joker!!

Desert Rat said...

Nope. Not arrogant. I have never thought of you in those terms. When I think of Matt-Man, I usually think: intelligent, witty, nice legs - not necessarily in that order.

Matt-Man said...

Rat: Oh my. And When I think of you my image of you ususally slaps me. Thanks my friend, you are wonderful. Cheers Rat!!

David said...

Perhaps one person's "arrogant" is another person's "self-confident" much like one person's "pain" is another person's "intense sensation".

Cheers

Matt-Man said...

David: Ha. True indeed. Cheers David!!

Raquel's World said...

It will be noted that ARROGANT is a trigger word for you.