Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Bring On The Legumes Baby!!

Happy Ash Wednesday to all. I had a pound of bacon last night and it was Dee-Lish. I cooked it in the oven instead of frying it. I got heart palpitations as I pulled the bacon from the oven. My nasal passages were immersed in an olfactory orgy with the smell of the fat and the meat. I think my little wee wee may have even moved a bit. Dear God I loved it so.

Alas, that memory will have to last me through the duration of Lent, for the meatless journey begins. Tonight’s menu calls for kidney beans with sautéed onions. Not too bad, but it’s sure as hell not bacon.

Later today I have a story for you that is sure to please. And as soon as I figure out what that story is I shall post it. Until then, this is Meatless-Matt signing off.


Cheers!!

P.S. I got rid of my monkey Bag O’Boon because I was afraid of being tempted by Monkey Meat.

14 comments:

Cheesy said...

HEHEHEHE you said monkey meat...
Looking forward to your post later... Happy Ashy Hump day!

Schmoop said...

Same to ya O Cheesy One...hehehehe, you said Hump!!

Desert Songbird said...

Hey, here's a rant for you: your NeoCounter says I'm in Higley - ack! I wouldn't be caught dead in Higley! What a dump hicktown. Sigh.

You are a better man than I to give up meat, but, then again,...I'm not a man! Bwahahaha!

Still haven't decided if I can do the lack of sarcasm thing. I might have to stick with mitzvahs...

RW said...

Happy Ash Matt! I will eat your sin today so you dont get behind any....haha hang in there bud!

Liz Hill said...

yeah Matty--we are all gonna have to take up your slack to keep the critters from overpopulating--so I'll be eating your share of incredibly tender rare carved prime rib today, with just a little au jus

Yum Oh

Oh and bacon

yup

hmmmm --in what section of the store do they sell Spam? I am having this sudden craving

hehehe

Schmoop said...

Songbird: I guess that's where your ISP goes through. But anyway, if you give up being sarcastic, I would be crushed. We wouldnt want that would we?

You are too kind Roger, enjoy a juicy burger for me.

Mmmmmmmm au jus. TB I dont know where they stock SPAM in your grocery, but up here it's in the Finer Foods aisle.

Magdalene-Sophie said...

hey hey~
just curious, are you really not a practising Catholic now or what? haha :)

and if i may be permitted to ask, 'why'..will you answer my second question too?

hehe. im not always this nosy :P

Schmoop said...

Hiya Mags...No I am not a true practicing Catholic or anything else for that matter. I am just anti-organized religion. I am, however, very spirtual and believe in many aspects of different teachings from St. Augustine to Lao Tzu. No need to think that you're being nosy. And thanks for stopping by.

Mo and The Purries said...

Poor little monkey.
What am I gonna tease and spank in the morning, and slip a banana to?

Schmoop said...

Mo: To Thine Ownself be True.

Odat said...

OMG OMG OMG.....Just because you're giving up meat...I have to be punished too????? I have to do without petting the monkey?????????
OHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOO....That's really not fair ya know? WOE IS ME!!! ;-(

Unknown said...

I had a giant stack of pancakes for breakfast yesterday and about six vodka cranberries and a bowl of ice cream for dinner to begin my farewell to sugar. :) Best of luck to you, my friend!!

Schmoop said...

It pained me as well Odat. I know what my monkey meant to you. but the temptation was far too great.

Allie you dont need sugar cuz you're sweet enough. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Hollz said...

A pound of bacon!!! Oh my!

Lol