Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday Morning Church Disservice: Ike, Disrespectin'

It will be a wet and windy Sunday here in Bagwine, Ohio.

Just hours ago, Hurricane Ike beat up on the Galveston coastline harder than his name sake beatin’ up on Tina Turner’s face.

Now, what was once the mighty Hurricane Ike, is on its way to the Bagwine Valley.

I’ll have to strap down the potato chips and keep the floor squeegee at the ready while at work all day today. It’s gonna be meteorological madness at the Drive-Thru.

Holy Baby Jeebus, I pray you keep me safe during the half inch rainfall and wind gusts to 35 mph. It’s chaos…chaos, I tells ya.

We were boarding up the windows, and tying Corky down to the coffee table in advance of Ike last night, when we were blessed by manna from Heaven.

What is this manna of which I speak? A handmade, homemade pizza courtesy of co-worker, Bill.

Yep, in addition to working at the Thru, and scamming people selling pre-paid legal services, the Bill-Meister wants to run his own pizza place. His pies are gaining in popularity.


Yesterday, he made a huge pepperoni, double cheese, and banana pepper pizza for Schmoop and I. We cooked it last night and it was fan-damn-tastic.

I have never loved another man’s pie so much. Thanks a lot Bill, it was perfect!!

I have to cut this short so I can take a shower, pick up a newspaper, and head to work, but one last prayer.

Dear Lord, while I find it personally very funny and heart-warming, please keep the thousands of incredibly annoying Ohio State Buckeye fans from taking their own lives today.

In your name, (and the box score that shows USC 35 OSU 3...hee hee) we pray.

Amen, and Amen.

Enjoy your Sabbath all.


Cheers!!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

strap down the potato chips and keep the floor squeegee at the ready LOL
Open air shopping at it's most dangerous!

Schmoop said...

Micky: Ha. Dangerous times indeed, Mick. Wish me well. Cheers!!

Dana said...

What? No mention of the amazing Fighting Irish on this wet (we got 8" of rain yesterday) sabbath?? You disappoint me Matt-Man. I think I need a swig of the WIR!

Schmoop said...

Dana: Wow...I guess you're wetter than normal. I didn't want to mention the Irish, because I still have a funny feeling about them this year.

I was quite happy with them winning, but Michigan isn't all that this year. Stay wet, and Cheers Dana!!

Desert Songbird said...

It matters not that Big Blue is not as potent as in the past; a win over Michigan is what every Irish football player (and their fans) expects. As do the Bucks. Lose all year? Okay, but you better not lose to those damn Wolverines!

Sorry you're all wet, Matty me darlin'. Bone dry here in the desert, I'm afraid.

Lu' said...

pizza, 'nough said. My family is da big fan of da pie! Good day to ya Matt-man :)

Cheesy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheesy said...

That looks good even to me and I am not a pizza fan... Are banana peppers made out of banana slugs? I wonder....

Yell-O!! Ducks pulled their game out of a big pie-hole!

Dianne said...

you're going to work in the midst of the weak remnants of a dying storm!?

Baby Jeebus would be proud. His followers would stone you death for working on the holy day but the Jeebus would be proud.

Our fantasy teams are playing (with) each other today. Makes me hot. All the mud, the gore, the sweat to a chorus of grunts and righteous cursing. Ahhhh - and then the football game starts.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Would it be a good funny feeling or a bad funny feeling?

Anonymous said...

Two reasons why the OSU loss is the greatest loss ever.

1. The Ex loves OSU.
2. The guy I'm banging is a USC grad.

Goooood Times!

And congrats on your surprising win over Meatchicken yesterday! But I did laugh when Weiss went down. ;-)

boo said...

Never tie a cat to a coffee table. That leads to both rope burns AND cat scratches. The proper method for securing a cat during a time of weather related crisis is to fold the cat up like a pair of jeans, put it in the underwear drawer, duct tape the drawer shut, and bury it in the back yard.

Oh. You want the cat to survive? Nevermind then...

Knight said...

Every time I come over here I get hungry. Damn you and your food photos!

Lex Valentine said...

OMG. The pizza looks yummo! Oh, and strap the chips tightly. It wouldn't do for them to fly away.

Lex Valentine said...

Hope you didn't blow away! I left you something on my blog!

Schmoop said...

Hi yall. We were without power until early this morning. Thanks for the comments and I'll "see" ya soon. Cheers!!

just a girl... said...

I know retract my earlier comment. That Pizza looks freaking awesome!

just a girl... said...

I know retract my earlier comment. That Pizza looks freaking awesome!

Schmoop said...

Just: It was pretty damn good. Cheers!!

Kat: I hate USC too, but OSU fans are fricking annoying around here. Sorry 'bout the Mormon ass-whippin' the Bruins got. Cheers!!

Liz Hill said...

LMAO@ the Buckeyes!

Schmoop said...

TB: Ha. I do love it so. Cheers!!