Saturday, July 19, 2008

Funky Cold Bagwine

Happy Saturday to you all...

I find myself in a state of utter euphoria. I mean to tell ya, if I was a dervish, I’d be whirling.

Our A/C is fixed, I am off today, and once again Bagwine, Ohio has pulled off another entertainment coup.

Our fair city of roughly 62,000 folks, does a pretty good job of pulling in some big name entertainment for a town of this size.

In 1993, the 1,500 seat Clark State Performing Arts Center (Kuss Auditorium) was built.

It has hosted the likes of Bill Cosby, The Smothers Brothers, Tony Bennett, Emmylou Harris, Amy Grant, Kenny Loggins, and many others.

Our annual Summer Arts Festival which ends today, is a month of FREE entertainment.


Acts that have included the likes of Eddie Money, Maynard Ferguson, The Platters, Gin Blossoms, Livingston Taylor, and other notable artists.

But my fellow Bagwine Heads…Brace Yourselves. Guess who’s coming to dinner and singing for his supper…

Read the marquee' of our local Spirits Bar and Grill, and be prepared to become a bunch of envious bastards, you…




No, not Buzz Crush, you assholes...

I'm talking...The man, the legend, the height of musical genius...Mr. Tone Loc.

After two hits, a less than stellar acting career, and years of obscurity, The Locster is back, and Bagwine bound.

Damn right bitches, only the best for Bagwine dwellers…Tone, my man, step up to the bar, the Funky Cold Medina is on me, you Wild Thing.


And now, our Comment of the Week…


This week’s comment comes courtesy of a very new and irrepressible reader, who commented on Monday’s post about big boxes, Schmoop’s period, and my tag line, Cheers.

He is proof positive that one need not be on message, or mentally stable for that matter, to win the COW. I give you the maniacal and in need of a sex-change, Doggy Bloggy.

“GROUT is that code for pussy because you could be sucking mine like a mad man.....it sort of feels like you are…it feels like you are sucking the pussy of my mind...isn’t this your humor…the "I came on me" type of stuff?...whoops I gizzed!”

And all along I thought that this guy was a dickhead, and I also thought it was spelled, "jizzed".


Turns out, based upon his comment, he is actually the originator of the Vagina Monologues. Go Figure.

Please…oh yes, dear God, I am begging you to go congratulate him on winning the COW, and...

Let him know how wonderful it is to see mentally challenged adults making inroads into the blogging community. To do so, click HERE.

So boys and girls, this concludes another award winning post. Have a great Saturday.

I am going to go see Ryno for a few this morning and then come back here for some complete and utter debauchery.

Cheers!!

41 comments:

Jay said...

Tone Loc??? Damn! And here I thought we were the entertainment capital of the world when we landed Eddie Money to play at Crawdad Days last year. haha

Schmoop said...

Jay: Only the biggest and brightest such as Tone Loc play a Bagwine venue. But hey, don't be dissin' my man, Eddie. Cheers Jay!!

none said...

holy shit! tone loc..wtf is he going to do after his two songs?

Yes matt man you suck the pussy of my mind bwahahahhaah!!!! That is some hot shit!

Lu' said...

May your nipples harden and your weiner have shrinkage in your new found, should be required by law, air conditioned dwelling. I'm sure you've no worries, the turttle will come out of it's shell for the debauchery.

Patrick's Mommy said...

I actually saw tone loc open for Billy idol a few years ago... He still has "it" (whatever it is)

-Doc

Patrick's Mommy said...

I actually saw tone loc open for Billy idol a few years ago... He still has "it" (whatever it is)

-Doc

Schmoop said...

Hammer: Ha. I imagine he will drink heavily. Yeah, that comment slayed me...and disturbed me. Cheers Hammer!!

Lu: Bless you my friend...what a sweet thought. Thank you. Cheers Lu!!

Doc: Billy Idol, rocks!! Tone? Ummm, not so much. Cheers Doc!!

Dana said...

Should I be embarrassed to admit that I have a copy of the Loc-ed After Dark CD?? If I tell you I use it as a coaster does that make it any better?

Schmoop said...

Dana: Don't be embarrassed, it shows that you are not afraid to buck the trends of plalatable music and good taste.

I hope you had a lovely B-Day, Dana. Cheers!!

Liz Hill said...

Wow--a fifteen minute concert;-)

And DoggyBloggy needs to go to see The Adventures of the S team if he really wants to jizz at some legos

Schmoop said...

TB: Maybe he will do a couple of remixed versions in different languages and stretch the set out to an hour.

Don't diss Doggy; he's my idol. Cheers!!

Odat said...

AC~is a wonderful thing!!!!
Peace

Schmoop said...

Odat: Yes it is. I never had it growing up but after I got my first apartment some 22 years ago and had A/C, I have become spoiled. Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

I'd rather hear the Gin Blossoms, but Funky Cold Medina was actually a pretty good song. Catchy. Stick in your head until you want to shoot Mr. Loc catchy. Enjoy the debauchery!

Christo Gonzales said...

Like I have always said "abuse me, bore me, but dont ignore me"

Cinnamon Girl said...

Funky Cold Medina!

Just promise me you won't do the Wild Thing on anyones leg, Matt. Well except Schmoop's. If you ask her veerrrry nicely ;)

Cheesy said...

Wow he is appearing on my Burfday! hint hint

Anonymous said...

Um, my friend was wrong. This isn't interesting enough to be worth watching you bash your own readers.

Why would you do that? I'd ignore anyone who annoyed me, I wouldn't dress them down on my blog...but that's just me. I have this annoying little thing called class.

Kelly

Cinnamon Girl said...

Kelly's definition of class is not pissing on people on HER blog, but apparently it is totally classy to go anonymous and piss on other people on THEIR blogs.

*Golf clap*

Ed & Jeanne said...

Tone Loc? Awesome. Who's opening for him? Is it Tone Loc? Oh wait, he's dead. Is it Notorious B.I.G.? Oh wait, he's dead too. Is it Easy E? Oh...died of AIDS. Is it...you know, it's hard to find any famous has-been rappers that are still alive. No wonder he's a solo act.

Ed & Jeanne said...

Oh, I meant Tupoc on that first one, not Tone Loc. It's hard to headline if you're dead...

Schmoop said...

Winter: Love the Gin Blossoms. yeah itsa a catchy tune, but then again so is the theme to the Brady Bunch. Cheers!!

Doggy: No such thing as bad press. Cheers!!

Starr: Nothing like dry humpin' a sexy woman's leg. Cheers!!

Cinnamon Girl said...

DRY!!!???!!!

Matt, honey....AstroGlide!

Schmoop said...

Cheesy: Ha. I am glad you told me. I am writing down the date sexy. Cheers!!

Kelly: Yeah, well, us redneck dumb fucks are known for having no class. But I will say that I have some class...I always buy dinner for my sister before I hose her. Cheers!!

Starr: Is there a time in life when you are never "on". Ha, you kill me. Cheers!!

Schmoop said...

VE: Ha. Even in his state of termnal sleep Tupac may be better than Tone. Cheers!!

Starr: Let me catch up dammit!!! Cheers!!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Slacker :P

Schmoop said...

Starr: Just got home, cracked a beer, and am getting ready to throw on some Johnny Cash. We'll be You Tubin' music tonight, so we'll be thinkin', WWSP. What Would Starr Play? Cheers!!

Cinnamon Girl said...

OOO! I wanna DJ!

And Twillight Zone time, Matt. Guess what is playing on my shuffle right now? Cry Cry Cry!

Schmoop said...

Starr: Ha. Anytime, and great tune. Rock On, Starr!!

boo said...

I'm a neglectful commenter. I feel so ashamed. How can I ever fulfill my dreams of winning the cow, if I don't come over here and dazzle you with my sparking wit and personality? Wait, that would imply that I have wit and personality. Ummm.... *NIPPLES!*

Schmoop said...

Boo: Oh Hush, it just means that you, unlike me, have a life. And trust me, sweet looking nipples will win the COW over a witty comment anyday. Cheers Boo!!

desert rat said...

You know, I went to see The Whirling Dervishes from Turkey - I kid you not. It was surreal.

Kelly, dear, explaining that you "have class" is, um, not really very classy.

Forgive me if I don't go stop by Doggy Bloggy. I need to wash my hair.

Schmoop said...

Desert Rat: Whirling Dervishes are kinda of hip, and one of the few remaining ties that we have to the ancient religion of Zoroastrianism.

I'll send my regards on your behalf to Doggy...go wash your locks. Cheers Rat!!

Dianne said...

I think I might fly in for Karaoke Thursday and then stay thru the weekend to see Tone! Christ I hope there are still tickets available!!

I was going to give my kudos to doggy bloggy but I went over to doggy bloggy's blog (try saying that trashed) and there were all these food pictures and I just got really queasy.

I'd do anything for you Matt-Man but ...

Schmoop said...

Dianne: Boo Yah!! I will buy a cot just for you and you can stay here. Screw the cot, we will go watch Tone Loc and then come back to the Bagwine digs and have our own mosh pit.

I hope the queasiness passes. Cheers Di!!

CreativeMish said...

Maybe he'll sing your theme song for you. "wild Thing!!'

Tug said...

YAY for A/C!! I thought I was going to melt today...can't believe I EVER bitched about the cold.

yes, I will again...

Unknown said...

I’ve no glib comments this evening. I’m down—way down.

You may have noticed that my blog has been inaccessible for 3 days now. I’ve reported it to blogger 7 times in 3 different ways: no response or action from Blogger thus far. There is at least one other blogger receiving the same error code, which I can’t find a definition for, even though I’ve searched blogger and the net.

If you would be willing to help by adding to the number of folks reporting the problem to Blogger, email me and I’ll send you the reporting details. OK?

RW said...

I remember dancing to those tunes of Tones, they help get my laid more than once.

Schmoop said...

Michelle: He'd better...That's one of the only two songs he has. Cheers!!

Tug: It's never cold here...Stop by sometime. Cheers Tug!!

Nick: I'll try to do just as you asked. Cheers Nick!!

Roger: You vixen you. Chyeers Roger!!

Schmoop said...

Evil: For you, I will deliver him personally. Cheers!!