Friday, August 29, 2008

Funeral for a Friend

Happy Friday, all…a short post for now.

I have to pick up Ryno today from school and work tonight.


So this morning, I need to pack my bag for the funeral road trip to Cleveland.

Three of us are leaving from the Bagwine digs at 6 A.M. tomorrow to attend the funeral of our buddy Mark.

(Sherri, if you read this let me know if you want to go along!!)

While going to a funeral, especially one held in the Cleveland area is never pleasant, there is an upside to this.

From what I gather, many a person from High School who knew Mark will be there. Many of us will be staying in the same hotel.

Ergo, perhaps we will be holding one helluva wake for our buddy Saturday night complete with drunkenness, and naked bodies.

I don’t think Mark would want us to send him off to the great beyond in any other fashion.

Also today, John McCain is celebrating his 188th birthday. He will be speaking at noon or so today a mere twenty minutes from the Bagwine abode.

Will he announce that his VP is Romney? Or Pawlenty? Or, will he, as I predicted last week, select Rob Portman?

We shall see, and I shall have some words about his pick no matter who is selected.

Well, my friends, I have to get Schmoop delivered to work, hit the dry cleaners, and then come back and fill my suitcase and my cooler.

Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend, and celebrate it in a manner worthy of its meaning…

Have a drunken cookout, shake the hand of a union worker, and kiss a crippled kid.

I’ll talk to you all as soon as I can.

Cheers!!

24 comments:

CreativeMish said...

Have a safe weekend! It seems like funerals is the only time I see most family and friends!

Schmoop said...

Michelle: That holds true for me as well. Sad, isn't it. Have a safe weekend as well Michelle. Cheers to ya!!

Dana said...

Give Mark a proper send-off and celebrate his life, in all of your drunken wonder!

And please be careful on your travels - especially in Cleveland *wink*

Schmoop said...

Dana: We will indeed do just that. And perhaps, Cleveland, should be careful of me. ; ) Cheers Hot Stuff!!

Karen said...

Have a safe trip. I think we should all drink one for Mark tonight.

Vodka Mom said...

a toast, to a dear departed friend. My thoughts are with you and your drunken comrades who will have heavy heads and hearts on the morrow.

*hugs*

Schmoop said...

Karen: Thanks. He'd appreciate that. Enjoy your long, long weekend, Karen. Cheers!!

Vodka Mom: God I love that name. Thanks alot and again, thanks for stopping by. Cheers, VM!!

Lu' said...

Travel safely, wake safely and return in one piece to those that luv ya; I mean it damn it :)

Desert Songbird said...

Save travels, my friend. I'll drink a toast to your dearly departed friend with you.

Schmoop said...

Lu: Ha. That was very sweetly put. Thanks. Cheers!!

Songbird: Thank you. Have a good weekend my friend. Cheers!!

Ed & Jeanne said...

This will perhaps be the biggest thing to happen in Cleveland since...well...oh hell, it's Cleveland...what would I know...have fun.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

So Saturday Night could be your photo op for next weeks HNT?

Schmoop said...

VE: Yeah, I'll try to bring to luster back to C-Town. Cheers!!

Bond: I don't do HNT any longer. I denounced it weeks ago. Cheers!!

Kimmie said...

Be Safe Matt. I am sure Cleveland will never be the same after you leave it! ;-)

And sending a prayer for Mark.

Schmoop said...

Kimmie: I will be safe, but for the prayer? I think he was an atheist. Cheers!!

Dianne said...

Safe trip matt-man!

don't forget to pack your rubbers

when it's my time I want a big ass no holds barred inappropriate as all hell send off so I imagine any friend of yours would want the same.

Schmoop said...

Dianne: Thanks and I totally agree with your idea of a totally blasphemous send-off. Rubbers packed!! Cheers Di!!

Cinnamon Girl said...

I am leaving express instructions for my wake. I want booze and bitches and people having a good time.

Schmoop said...

Starr: I'd go but I 'm pretty sure you will out live me. Cheers!!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Damn I best get drinking and catch up! Besides we have that weird date similarities thing kickin. Put it this way, if I croak you best be worried for a week or so and vice versa!

Schmoop said...

Starr: No doubt. On the bright side we'll get to see each other in Hell. Cheers!!

Evil: Why thank ya very much. Cheers!!

katherine. said...

I'll keep good thoughts for you tomorrow...

j said...

I am sorry for you in the loss of your friend. I hope that you all travel safe.

Take Care.

Jen

Schmoop said...

Kat: Thanks Pal...Hope your weekend is going well. Cheers!!

Jen: Well, thanks. And thanks, and do the same. Here's to no constipation. Cheers!!