Friday, October 31, 2008

Tales from the Communist Crypt

Four days folks…

A mere 96 hours until the mud slinging, Palin bashing, and over the top lies come to an end.

In other words, after Tuesday, the fun comes to an end and I will have to find something else with which to amuse myself.

I’m posting this very late today because yesterday I was off all day and was home alone with nothing but my computer, a case of cold beer and two fifths of Rose.

Not a good combo.

This morning I know how Obama and McCain must feel from traveling back and forth to all of their campaign stops over the past few months.

However, I managed to experience the exhaustion, strain, and mental duress of it all in a 24 hour period.

I did have an interesting dream that was no doubt brought on by my alcohol consumption and the frozen pizza that I ate last night.

I was working on a collective wheat farm in the Ukraine with several of my agriculture comrades.

As we were preparing to break for a lunch of boiled potatoes and ox tail soup, a figure appeared on the horizon.

It was a chiseled, overly muscular, scythe wielding John McCain perched atop a giant, fire breathing yak.

It was as though he was the Grim Reaper, Joe McCarthy, and Paul Bunyan rolled into one.

With the speed and fury greater than that of a Wall St. bailout, he stormed down the hill towards us.

Laughing maniacally, he began whacking the heads off from the bodies of my co-workers.

With each blood curdling scream from the soon-to-be decapitated, he screamed, “Karl Marx was a fag!!”

As the Mac-Man neared me, he raised his scythe and stared me down. His eyes filled with more rage than that of Rosie O’Donnell’s hoo-ha.

Just then, I pulled out a glass of Metamucil, a Fiber One bar, and held them out.

He pulled on the reins of his mighty, fire breathing yak, halting her charge by saying, "Whoa, Sarah, Whoa."


He dismounted, and looked at me…first with a sneer, then with a smirk, consumed my peace offering and said…

“Thanks Matt-Man, I needed that.”

And that folks, was that.

Have a lovely Friday all, and Happy Halloween.


Cheers!!

44 comments:

Ken said...

“Thanks Matt-Man, I needed that.”

Works for me!

Schmoop said...

Micky: Ha. Anytime, Mick. Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

You're blog cracks me up!

Schmoop said...

Sweet: Ha. Why thanks. It's comments like that, that make this all worthwhile, and put a smile on my face. Cheers!!

eve cleveland said...

You know, Darlin...there just ain't a whole lot I like better than hearin' all about someone else's dream. Now, let me tell you mine...
Eve

Schmoop said...

Eve: I would love to hear about it. Especially if it included a naked me in it. Cheers Eve!!

Leighann said...

You dream of McCain and fire breathing Yaks, I dream of Charles Manson and The Duggars, we're fucked.

xoxo

Schmoop said...

Leighann: Ha. Your succinct and insightful comments always make me laugh. And you're right. Cheers!!

Lu' said...

And then, Mr. McMac having been adequately fibertized headed for a patch of produce and began to fertalize...

Have a great weekend Matt-man.

Schmoop said...

Lu: I thought briefly about adding something like that, but decided agianst it. Thank you for putting the visual of Johnny Mac spreading his ancient loins, and taking a huge, Senatroial dump in my beautiful field of wheat. Cheers Lu!!

Ken said...

Holy Shit Matt-Mann....
that hurt my brain cells.

Schmoop said...

Micky: I had to share the vision. After all, misery loves company. Cheers Mick!!

Beth said...

My nightmares always consist of the same element. I'm standing around nekkid, and I'm not getting any takers! How effin sad...

Schmoop said...

Schmoop: Ha. What's sadder though is this...In real life I stand around the apartment naked and I can't even get YOU to take me. Cheers!!

Dianne said...

are ya sure it was a dream!?
I could have sworn I saw coverage of that on CNN's Breaking News

Schmoop said...

Dianne: Wow. With your information, I am starting to think that perhaps I am the victim of some ghoulish mind-control experiment initiated by the Bush administration. Cheers Di!!

Ed & Jeanne said...

Ha ha! You were lucky...he looks really horny in that picture.

Oh,and hey, I'll be doing your blog request on Monday at 7:00am PDT just so you know. It won't be pretty!

Schmoop said...

Starr: Wow, that is sad. I mean...what's a party if there's no hot pie to eat? Cheers!!

VE: I forgot mention the yak's name...Sarah. Ha. I can't wait until Monday. I'll make sure to announce it. Sweep me off my feet. Cheers!!

Cinnamon Girl said...

The pie was there it just wasn't served to the guests. EX's ya know ;0

Schmoop said...

Starr: Dirty Pie Hoarder!! Cheers!!

Phfrankie Bondo said...

...is that a pic of a yak or Rosie's hoo-ha?...just wondering...

Schmoop said...

Phfrankie: Ha. You Rock. Cheers P-Man!!

katherine. said...

you gotta get a different brand of frozen pizza....

Schmoop said...

Kat: No way...Red Baron is the best. Or was it Kroger's? No matter, it was prepared with looooove by Schmoop.

And by the way, thanks again for the comment on Sgt. Charlie's blog yesterday. Cheers Kat!!

Lu' said...

Phfrankie if that were Rosie's hoo-ha it probably would have had more hair :)

Jay said...

A fire breathing Yak? Wow! That is a crazy dream.

Schmoop said...

Lu: Ewwww. It wouldn't smell as good as the yak either. Ewwww. Cheers!!

Schmoop said...

Jay: Ha. You have a propensity for pointing out the main part of my post. A fire breathing yak is wacky, no? Cheers!!

Lu' said...

I see you gave yourself an ewwwww too, good because well, I mean...

Schmoop said...

Lu: I like to commisurate with my readers. Cheers Lu!!

Cinnamon Girl said...

See I think we are insulting the yak. I envision (when I am forced to, Matt you bastard) Rosie's Vajayjay as more along the lines of a large slab of hairy roast beef :P

Schmoop said...

Starr: Ha. Now that just wasn't right. Cheers!!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

AGAIN WITH THE COMMMUNES YOU KINKY LEFTY BA**ARD...

The gulags are calling your name Maksam

And to think you had a chance to smite the devil and you offered him sustenance instead....

You are a weak red devil are you not...

Happy Halloween...and I see you put a picture of your costume on your header today!

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween, Matt-Man!

I can't wait for all of this to be over with...

Jeff B said...

sure that was a dream? It sound much like a typical day out on the campaign trail to me.

Schmoop said...

Bond: Yeah that picture shows me in my "hot mutha fuckah" costume. Cheers!!

CrAzY: Same to ya. Have a great weekend. Cheers!

Jeff; Ha. Yeah it doesn't sound that too far from it. Cheers Jeff!!

Anndi said...

And here I was thinking McCain had been spreading the fertilizer around all this time...

Schmoop said...

Evil: Ha. I should have mentioned that. You and Johnny Mac didn't have a curious encounter at camp did ya? Cheers EG!!

Anndi: He does spread it around often but sometimes his output gets plugged. Cheers!!

Sarge Charlie said...

They're coming to take me away, HA HA
They're coming to take me away, HO HO HEE HEE HA HA
To the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time
And I'll be happy to see
Those nice, young men
In their clean, white coats
And they're coming to take me away, Ha-haaa!

Schmoop said...

Sarge: Thanks for letting me know. When you find out your room number at the institution tell me what it is so I can send flowers and a soft, stress relief ball. Cheers!!

CreativeMish said...

It will be interesting to see the outcome. I voted early :)

Schmoop said...

Michelle: It may tighten up and be close. Good to know that you voted. I'll be voting at 6:30 A.M. Tuesday. Cheers Michelle!!

Cheesy said...

Wake me when we are down to no days ok?? lol

Schmoop said...

Cheesy: I'll set the alarm for ya, sexy. Cheers!!