Monday, July 13, 2009

Wake Up With Al and Boycott The Weather Channel

Okay people, listen up.

It is now T-Minus 7 days until my beloved, The Weather Channel, forever sells its meteorological soul out with the addition of Al Roker to its lineup.

As I mentioned last Friday, on Monday July 20th The Weather Channel will be airing, Wake Up With Al from 6-7 A.M. on weekdays.

Why is a network which has based its nearly 30 year existence on meteorological excellence selling out to the sea of mindless goo that is Cable TV?

Well, NBC owns TWC now, and the times they are a-changing’. But this, you already know. So why I am posting about this topic again so soon?

Because Bitches, I am upping the atmospheric ante. I am calling for a boycott of The Weather Channel, or as I now call it, The Blather Channel.

Boycott them now…Boycott them ’til Al “I’m Not a Meteorologist but I Play One on TV” Roker dissipates like a hurricane hitting wind shear.

Most of this interjection of Gastric Bypass Boy is the fault of NBC and Lisa Gersh, interim CEO of The Blather Channel, and who, while working for NBC, played a key role in the buyout of TWC. Listen to this nut’s comment…

"Simply put - Al Roker is synonymous with weather. He has an energy and a style that jumps off the screen, and we already know that people want to wake up with him in the morning."

Did Gersh say this with a straight face?


Hell, the only things that jumps off of the screen when I see Al Roker is a nitwit whose minimal knowledge about weather rests on a cue card that was undoubtedly written by an actual meteorologist.

And Mizz Gersh, seriously, if a person wants to wake up with Al, they shouldn’t be at home watching his new show, they should be confined to a mental institution…wearing restraints…inside of a box…that has no air holes.

When NBC took over TWC, they let go longtime on-camera meteorologists Cheryl Lemke, Dave Schwartz, the newer but always smiling Eboni Deon, and other staff because of “costs”.

And now, they hire a no-talent goob like Roker? Sweet Baby Jeebus, how much does that cost TWC? Not only monetarily, but in terms of credibility.

I am done with The Blather Channel. I hope you’ll join the Matt-Man, a longtime fan of TWC, in this full on Bagwine Boycott of TWC.

Please e-mail Melissa Medori who is the Associate Manager of Public Relations for The Blather Channel at:

mmedori@weather.com

Tell Ms. Medori that you will no longer watch The Weather Channel until they return to their roots and Roker is swept away like a compact car in a Flash Flood.

You can also tell Medori this…That you are part of a boycott led by the group now, and forever known as the …

Those Wanting Al Tossed-Team. (T.W.A.T.-Team)

Indeed, let Ms. Medori know that you are part of the TWAT-Team. I hope you’ll join me in being one loud mouthed and serious Twatter by emailing her.

Cheers!!


Update 10:06 A.M.: Hee Hee...Looks like someone just leveled the playing field:

Visitor Information:
65.202.103.197 (THE WEATHER CHANNEL) [Label Visitor]
Location:
HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA, UNITED STATES (WEATHER.COM)
Last Visit Time:
July 13, 2009 9:48:53 AM
Length of this Visit:
0 hours and 3 minutes
Page Viewed This Visit:
1
Returning Visits:
0
Entry Page:
http://bagwine.blogspot.com/2009/07/wake-up-with-al-and-boycott-weather.html
Exit Page:
http://bagwine.blogspot.com/2009/07/wake-up-with-al-and-boycott-weather.html
Referrer:
No referrer

33 comments:

Candice said...

I've always dreamed of waking up to Al Roker. I'm getting a proverbial rise in my Levi's just thinking about it now.

What the hell is wrong with those people?

Desert songbird said...

You were just waiting for the day to use the term "twatter," weren't you?

Unknown said...

I'll find it easy to boycott TWC because I never watch it anyway,

Ken said...

(("Simply put - Matt-Man is synonymous with comedy. He has an energy and a style that jumps off the screen, and we already know that people want to wake up with him in the morning."))

Schmoop said...

Micky: Ha...Now See? When you put my name into that statement, it makes complete sense and is 100% truthful. What a fine spokeman you are. Cheers Mick!!

Ken said...

I know, I see...I'm in a good mood so I left out, the meanie part.

Schmoop said...

Micky: Hee Hee. I was wondering why I didn't catch hell from you. Good to hear you're in a fine mood. Cheers!!

Dianne said...

I think I did wake up with Al once, but that was back when I was drinking and had no self esteem. If I remember correctly he was calling Sam Champion to find out what the weather was.

As a solo Twat for years I am delighted to finally be part of an organized group

My e-mail is blazing thru the internet tubes as we speak

You inspire me - and my twat - to greatness Matty

Schmoop said...

Dianne: Ha. I love you and its nice to know that you found your self-esteem. I found mine years ago at the bottom of a bottle Wild Irish Rose.

My email went out just moments ago. I feel vindicated. Cheers to you and your twat, sexy!!

Lu' said...

I'm not going to linger and to tell the truth, didn't even read your post but just felt the NEED to say hi! The big boss is in the office so I am leary of 'netting.
Gotta go. Have a great day Matt-man buddy o' pal :)

Schmoop said...

Lu: Well when you get the chance, tell The Man to quit keeping a sistah down. Have a lovely day my friend. Cheers Lu!!

Schmoop said...

Lu: And by the way...That was the sweetest, "I didn't read your post" comment I have ever received. ; ) Cheers!!

Phfrankie Bondo said...

..I read your post and I have to wonder why you don't simlply NOT watch Al when he's on...

Schmoop said...

Phfrankie: I cannot sit idly by while The Weather Channel drips into the abyss like a hailstone once it reaches the ground. Today, Al Roker, tomorrow what? Mel Gibson doing the weather from Israel? Ah, they have led themselves down a slippery, snow covered slope.

Man, that was poetic. Cheer sP-Man!!

Jay said...

Wake up with Al Roker? Umm .. NO!

I would rather wake up with the two hot blonds from "Heroes." Claire in her cheerleader uniform and Niki Sanders in a Catholic schoolgirl uniform. Now that would be some exciting weather!

Okay, I'm gonna email that moron!

Schmoop said...

Jay: Email away and please join the TWAT-Team Jay-Man. And as for the Catholic Schoolgirl uniform? THAT is the only vestige of the Catholic Church that I still agree with. Mmmmmmmmm. Cheers Jay!!

Beth said...

This can't last, right? Sooner or later they'll realize their mistake, right? Right?

Schmoop said...

Schmoop: I fear that non-thinking people have taken control of TWC. It's a travesty. Cheers my love!!

Ed & Jeanne said...

I feel for you matt-man. Same thing happened to MTV when they stopped playing music videos. I forsee a future where every channel is the same...crap!

Schmoop said...

VE: I said very same thing when I mentioned this on Friday. It's the end of the world as we know it. Cheers!!

Lu' said...

Hi I'm back. The boss went to Jersey. When I turn to TWC I am not looking for a performance. I am looking for information. A straight forward scientific no bullshit weather report. Just like an umbrella in a drink I don't need the toys just give what I came for. Ha! that being said, I don't know what to expect from Al, never seen him much, but I'm guessing it will be fluff~n~stuff; arghhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I bet someone who looks just like Al raped you on one of your visits to those prisons you used to go to...

Christine said...

I never thought I would ever find a person with such a strong opinion on Al Roker. Or TWC come to think of it. I tune in when a hurricane is heading my way and other than that, I trust the little scroll at the bottom of CNN to tell me if I should be finding a storm shelter.

That being said, if you say the guys a talentless jerk, I'll back you all the way. Who are we writing too?

Schmoop said...

Lu: Your comment summed up why I do not want Roker on the Weather Channel. Thank You, and Cheers!!

Bond: No Vinny. I was raped when I was a kid, but it was by someone who looked like Willard Scott. Who, outside of skin color is much like Roker. Cheers!!

Christine: Well let me tell ya...I have opinions on alot more than that. And thanks and write Melissa or anyone for that matter. Cheers!!

Travis Cody said...

Count me in!

Uhm...does my boycott still count even if I don't watch the Weather Channel anyway?

Schmoop said...

Travis: Ha. Well of course!! Cheers Trav!!

Unknown said...

I was going to give you a list of brilliant women whom I highly respect beginning with Golda Meir and Madeleine Albright, but then I realized that my list in probably in a different league than yours.

katherine. said...

I use to like the Weather Channel...

this Al gig is gonna suck.

Anonymous said...

JUST HAD TO SHARE MY AL ROKER ASSWHIPPING THAT I JUST SENT TO MIZZZ MEDORI 7/22/9 @ 9:11PM....MEDORI SOUNDS LIKE A DRINK. MAY HAVE TO BOYCOTT THAT, TOO:

Ms. Medori,

You just lost over loyal 300 viewers where I work, their families and their friends, and their friends families.
WHY??

You hired a "TV PERSONALITY" with no degree or science in weather (sorry, cue cards and notecards and having the lower paid interns doing all the work so you can make an ass out of yourself on camera for a few stiff laughs does not count) in the place of several qualified, dedicated and entertaining meteorologists.

Saving money?? Money cuts?? Think of all the thousands of viewers you have already lost since you launched this "trick pony" of marketing....This is not Comedy Central. Nor Saturday Night Live. Apparently his contract ran out for the TODAY show, where he attempted to play a weatherman on TV but was moved into interviewing---very painful and embarrassing to watch. So the NBC suits needed a place to put him and this was all they could come up with??

We are talking about WEATHER. It affects our lives. In the land of tornados and severe weather plus drastic temp changes from 32 below in winter to over 100 in the summer (w/o the heat index added in), I DO NOT WANT A CLOWN. I need a qualified meteorologist. Our lives, our work, our homes depend on quality. Not slapstick comedy and ventriloquism antics due to NBC's politics. Cue cards and a map "clicker" do not a weatherman make.

SO our little community has already started joining the boycott. We have even started a petition to have TWC removed from our local cable lineup. Boycotting & petitions going around to remove the entire channel, not just his segment. All because you wanted to save a few bucks and "make it more fun??" Watching this man in his hyper-talk mode and non stop jabs at others for a quick laugh is ridiculous. Seeing him needing so much attention all the time makes me wonder if he is OCD or ADHD. Or both. It is not fun. It is maddening that NBC and TWC think we are buffoons to accept this on televised national TV.

At least his wife will watch. And maybe his mother. But I am sure Al will tape it so at least he can watch himself. So you have a total of 3 guaranteed viewers. But that don't pay the bills.

Word of mouth goes a long way. So do emailed petitions.
I started watching when you 1st started, with my Dad. We are both weather freaks. You lost a viewer when he passed, but it was not his choice. Nor mine. Now you lost another one and I will spread the word.

Ps--my teenage Son asked who Al had to sleep with to get this position. Then he remembered that he came from TODAY, so he said: The entire NBC parent company, no doubt. He was not smiling or laughing. He is 19. That says a lot when teenagers notice this stuff. He was studying to be an meteorological scientist and astrophysicist, but said he will change college courses this fall to computer science, because your poor marketing and personnel decision left a bad taste in his mouth for his chosen career path.

WAS a viewer,
Iowa Czech

Schmoop said...

Iowa: Fan-Damn-Tastic letter. And you are dead on. Keep me informed through email as to what you hear from TWC. Thanks for the comment and for joining in. Cheers Czech!!

Anonymous said...

The only thing I want to wake up to is Stephanie Abrahms hot bod :)

I don't want to see Roker's Troll face in the morning.

Dannie said...

I think Steph has had some enhancements. Nice. The Al guy... man he looks bad. Is he okay? The blather channel has been moving to be more about personalities than weather for some time now. I mean get Santori, Captain Weatherman. I just want to know what to expect for the day/week weather wise.

Nonya Bidness said...

here's the anti wake up with AL facebook page if anyones interested!http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?oid=106391692741&id=15212914&view=user#/group.php?gid=106391692741&ref=mf