Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wake Up With Al and The Weather Channel...A Less Than Dynamic Duo

Early Tuesday morning, I was thinking about the July 20th debut of The Weather Channel’s, Wake Up With Al show…again.

Thinking about my boycott of said show, I began pacing (I think better when I pace) through the Bagwine digs, when something caught my eye.

Upon looking out of my window, I was struck by a beautiful view. I went outside and snapped the picture that you see to the right.

Between the delicate pastels of the sky, the cooing of a mourning dove, and the low hum of the traffic, I felt at ease.

It was a feeling that I hadn’t experienced since I was but a mere fetus swirling, swooshing and swimming around within the warm, moist comfort of my mother’s vodka laden amniotic fluid.

Because of this feeling, I temporarily eschewed my displeasure with TWC and my loathing of Al Roker. With a summery smile upon my face and a spring in my step, I went back inside.

I sat down at my computer, opened my e-mail, and read the following:

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your letter. Clearly you are a passionate, long-time viewer of The Weather Channel, and we are grateful for that. We appreciate your honesty and willingness to share your feedback about some of the things we are doing. As you might imagine, we cannot please every viewer with everything we do, so our goal when we make changes is to appeal to as many viewers as possible. The majority of our research and viewer feedback indicates we are moving in the right direction.

I understand that this may not include you and may not address your specific concerns, but please know that we have reviewed and considered them, as we take all viewer feedback seriously, including those I will get due to your blog direction.

Thank you again for contacting us. I do hope you may, in time, reconsider tuning to The Weather Channel, but we are always happy to hear from our viewers and appreciate you relaying your position.

Sincerely,
Melissa Medori
Public Relations Associate Manager
The Weather Channel
www.weather.com/press


I thought that was incredibly nice of Ms. Medori to respond to my letter of intent to boycott and to check out my blog. And, in such an incredibly quick manner I might add.

I gave second and even tertiary thoughts to my proposed boycott after reading her well thought out response. She seems so sincere and nice, and…I bet she’s hot.

I mean, I went to High School with five chicks named Melissa and all of them were good looking…but I digress.

Maybe, I thought, I should give Al “Global Warming Is The Result Of The Vapid Carbon Emissions That Emanate From My Mouth Whenever I Speak” Roker another chance. But, later in the day I snapped a picture of this:


It’s a picture of cirrocumulus clouds obstructing the sun and forming a mackerel sky. I knew then, that we in Bagwine, Ohio may be in for some storms within 12-24 hours.

Which made me ruminate…If there is a severe storm threat between 6 and 7 A.M. during the weekdays…

Do you want Al “Now, Tell Me Again…What’s The Difference Between a Warning and a Watch” Roker helping out the smart and uber-pleasing to the eyes meteorologist, Stephanie Abrams, or would you rather have another well-informed meteorologist manning that Doppler?

I think the answer is clear, and it leads me back to my original position. I will boycott The Weather Channel as long as NBC’s corporate clown and shill, Mr. Roker is employed by TWC.

I’ll find my forecast and warnings elsewhere…I hope you’ll join me, and if you have a second, be sure to email the most kind and responsive Melissa Medori at:

mmedori@weather.com

and let her know that you are, Just Saying No to Roker. Or if you're in a hurry, just type in, Just Saying No-ker.

Knowing that you have let your opinion be heard will keep me singing in the rain…

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Lastly, I want to let you know that this boycott is being joined by the one and only Cynical Bastard hizzelf, Jay.

Yes, Jay has become, like me, a TWAT. Those Wanting Al Tossed.

For the mighty Viking of Arkansas’ take on this and his open letter to Ms. Medori, stop on over to his site by clicking
HERE.

Remember folks…Take shelter when a tornado warning is issued. Never play golf during a thunderstorm, and never…And I mean NEVER, Wake Up With Al.

Cheers!!

28 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

Why would anyone wake with Al when they'd rather have you?

Schmoop said...

Songbird: Why Thanks. And...If you woke up with me, no matter what the weather was doing outside, you'd wake up with a smile on your face. Cheers!!

Jay said...

For just a second there I thought you were going bail on us and call off the boycott. Glad you came to your senses dude.

Schmoop said...

Jay: Well, Melissa had a brief, yet powerful svengali-like effect on me...Fortunately the evening sky that turned from bright sun to looming storms brought me back to reality and my loathing of Roker. Cheers Jay, and Thanks!!

Jason said...

Great site man. I was wondering if we could possible exchange links. Let me know what you think about my humor blog.

Jason

Schmoop said...

Jason: I'll check it out and don't worry...I'll let you know what I think. Cheers!!

Dianne said...

Melissa's letter was lovely and I bet, deep down, that she gags at the idea of waking up with Al

I'm thrilled that you remain devoted to the cause and that the Jayman has joined in - talk about putting your TWAT where your mouth is

youse guys are visionaries

Schmoop said...

Dianne: I appreciate your comment as I am sure that Jay will too. It is not easy going up against the reputation of such an International Superstar such as Al Roker. I am fully expecting death threats from his zealous, maniacal fans.

And yeah, I bet Ms. Medori feels just as you say. Cheers Sexy!!

Lu' said...

Surely Al will just be another "pretty face" HA! on TWC and not be expected to create the weather forcast but merely read what is on the teleprompter. Not that this is so much better but at least lives are not put at risk. Like I said I have no Al reference per say but if YOU say so then it must be true, right?

Schmoop said...

Lu: Of Course...Have I ever led you astray? Not that I wouldn't want to. ; ) And ha...Yeah Al Roker is going to become a real weather babe. He's so hot. Cheers Pal!!

Phfrankie Bondo said...

...as I soak in my hot tub I pretend I am floating once again in the bourbon-laden amniotic fluid of my mother's womb...ahhhhh...

Schmoop said...

Phfrankie: Doesn't it bring back some really good memories? Oh to be there again. Cheers P-Man!!

Michele said...

I'm guessing that your mother doesn't read your blog. Keep up the good fight.

Schmoop said...

Michele: If she is, it is proves what I always have believed...dead people can read. I shall keep my crosshairs aimed at Carnival Barker Al. Cheers Michele!!

A friend of Al's said...

straight to hell, that's where your going! Picking on Al Roker because he got sucked into having his own show(kinda). Maybe it was an offer he "couldn't refuse".

Schmoop said...

Micky: Uh-huh...Just like he got "sucked into" appearing on Imus in the Morning in order to hump his latest book when he thought Imus to be a racist. Cheers Mick!!

Ken said...

You've just been in a picking mood lately, almost like, how you get during lent. But that's OK....I knew you'd know who it was.

Schmoop said...

Micky: I'm not picking...I'm sticking it to the man...or in this the case, the non-weatherman. Cheers Mick!!

Michele said...

I never considered that dead people couldn't read. Shit, I can never die if they can't because if there is an afterlife it would suck.

Beth said...

I am buried underneath tons of papers so I have nothing pithy to say except, Al Roker sucks! Also, he is creepy. That is all.

Schmoop said...

Michele: Your afterlife will consist of completely quiet libraries and a Dewey Decimal system that goes on to infinity. Cheers!!

Schmoop: Yes he does, and poor you. Meet me in your bed at 9:15 tonight, be naked. Make it 9:30. I'll want to have a beer first. Cheers Schmoop!!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I didn't watch TWC yesterday (I hardly ever do anyway)

Michele said...

The Dewey Decimal System? I thought the afterlife was supposed to be heaven not HELL!!

Schmoop said...

Bond: You're a good man, Vinny. Cheers!!

Michele: Yeah...you're right. What a scam the Dewey Decimal System is anyway. Cheers Michele!!

Schmoop said...

London: Blow Me...Cheers!!

Ms Snarky Nice Bitch said...

even though i have been a twat a long time, i want to join in with you and jay for your kind of twat

Schmoop said...

Snarky: Well you and your twat are more than welcome to hop on board. Cheers!!

katherine. said...

I just did a google image search for Miz Medori....you'll be happy to hear photos of you and Jay are prominent.

truth.