Thursday, August 21, 2008

Un-Conventional Wisdom

I am experiencing a load of creative difficulties with my newest Blog-Fo-Mercial© so it won’t be ready today.

I know; you’re crushed.

However, I am glad that things are kind of open today because I think that Barack Obama may announce his VP candidate today.

Will he? Will the choice be Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE)? I will be monitoring the situation all day while drinking Wild Irish Rose.


Should the selection be announced, I will immediately switch to Vodka and give you my full political insight on the pick.

More on the 2008 Presidential election in a second, but first, a reminder. Schmoop is off today, and I will be coloring her hair.

Later tonight, in a drunken stupor, I will be drafting my Fantasy Football team. It should result in some interesting selections.

Both events will be chronicled on Friday’s post. So, prepare to be riveted.

Now, back to the Presidential election.

In 2004, Sen. Zell “Non Compos Mentis” Miller (D-Mars) spoke at the Republican National Convention. Yes, Democrat Zell, spoke at that Convention, in order to appeal to voters with an IQ of 99 or less.

So you see, crossing party lines to speak at another party’s event is not unprecedented.

Why do I bring this up? Former Democrat and now Independent, Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Jerusalem) will be speaking at the GOP Convention.

He will no doubt, share stories about his love for Sen. John McCain (R-Sunset Nursing Home).

Lieberman will wax on about McCain’s alleged maverick spirit, his readiness to serve, and most importantly McCain’s willingness to defend the “successful democracy” that is Israel, at all costs.

In exchange for helping McCain to secure votes from the Saturday Sabbath crowd with his speech, Lieberman has been assured a reward.

If Johnny Mac is elected, J-Leeb will be given the title of Lord and High Protector of Israel, and be granted the right to launch a nuclear missile at Iran.

Some have speculated that Lieberman’s scheduled speech means that perhaps Joe may be McCain’s pick as VP. It ain’t gonna happen folks.

Bagel Boy is too liberal on social issues, and even though he shares the love of the Holy Land with Evangelicals, those same Evangelicals would not want a Jew to show up at their Bible Study meetings or Sunday Pancake Breakfasts.

I am going to go out on a limb now as far as Johnny Mac's VP choice…

McCain will not pick Gov. Mitt “My Hair Doubles as a Bomb Shelter” Romney. He will not choose Gov. Tim “Who?” Pawlenty. McCain will pass on Tom “Yellow is the Color of my True Terrorist’s Threat” Ridge.

I am going against all of the political pundits as well as conventional wisdom, and saying here and now, that McCain will choose Rob Portman of Ohio.

Portman is a former four term Congressman from Ohio’s 2nd Congressional District. He has served as Dubya’s Director of Office of Management and Budget and United States Trade Representative.

He is devoutly pro-life, anti-civil rights, very Christian, has a pleasant looking nuclear family, and is only 52 years old.

On top of that, Portman is from the critical electoral state of Ohio.

McCain plans to announce his choice for VP on his 187th birthday, August 29th. On that day, McCain is scheduled to give a speech at the Nutter Center near Dayton, Ohio.

This arena is not too far from Portman’s former congressional district.

Youth, vast economic experience, and a religious Ken-Doll for the Christian Conservatives to admire. Portman offers all of these things. McCain will be speaking in Ohio that day. We shall see if I am right.


Cheers!!

44 comments:

katherine. said...

just my own vulva voting self here.

I'd be surprised...pleased...but totally surprised if it is Biden.

(R - sunset nursing home....laughing laughing laughing)

I would think the Mac-man would pick a VP who was not as pro-life as he is...Did YOU vot for Portman?

none said...

I was hoping McCain would pick Ted Nugent. Now that would be a ticket!

Schmoop said...

Kat: I would love to watch your vulva vote. I was going to vote for Biden in the primary but alas he was gone by then.

Ha. Portman. No, he was not my district's Rep., but you know damn well I wouldn't have voted for him if he was. Cheers Kat!!

Schmoop said...

Hammer: A friend of mine recently saw him in concert. I may have some video for you in the very near future. Cheers Hammer!!

katherine. said...

hey...how come no commentary on Warren's public forum last Saturday???

I was so looking for some saddleback satire from bagwine.

Lex Valentine said...

I must be more tired than I thought. I read "critical electoral state of Ohio" as "clitoral state of Ohio". Uh huh. Rub the button. It's time for bed.

Jay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jay said...

What happened to that Jewish congressman from Virginia that McCain was supposedly vetting so feverishly a week or so ago? Oh yeah, he's Jewish. Never mind. ;-)

Schmoop said...

Kat: I listened and watched a coupleof times. I didn't find anything too amusing through it all. Cheers!!

Winter: Ha, and Mmmmmmmm. You said "rub the button." Happy Sleeping. Cheers!!

Jay: Us Evangelicals love 'dem Jews, as long as we don't have to break unleavened bread wif 'dem. Cheers Jay!!

Dana said...

Three things ...

(1) Do Schmoops "do" with the utmost care. Screwing up a woman's hair is not conducive to getting sex at regular intervals!

(2) Drink the good vodka!

(3) I just cannot believe you, of the Bagwine Ohio persuasion, are poking fun at Tim "Minnesota is still a part of the United States" Pawlenty!

Schmoop said...

Dana:

(1) Nothing I do seems to be conducive to getting sex at regualr intervals.

(2) Is there any such thing as bad Vodka?

(3) Oddly enough Pawlenty stopped in Bagwine a week and a half ago. I think that shows poor decision making skills on his part.

Cheers Sexy!!

Phfrankie Bondo said...

...green is the color of my true writer's envy.....

Schmoop said...

Phfrankie: Who'd a thunk Donavan's career would be resurrected in the blogosphere? Cheers P-Man!!

Desert Songbird said...

My goodness, you might have deduced a winner there, Matt-Man. Your logic regarding Johnny Mac's possible Veep running mate is impeccable.

*saunters off, humming It's the End of the World As We Know it*

Schmoop said...

Songbird: Are you humming that tune because of my thoughts on who Johnny Mac might pick, or because you think I may have had my first cogent thought? Cheers!!

Desert Songbird said...

Matty me darlin', you KNOW what I think of your mind.

*grin, wink*

Cinnamon Girl said...

That picture of "Rob" - a juvenile name for a man of his age I might add - needs a though balloon. Something along the lines of "ohh..what a pretty little lamb. So fluffy. So soft....."

That dude has MEGA PERV VIBE in spades. He is a closet menace to farm animals.

Cinnamon Girl said...

THOUGHT BALLOON. Were's my damn coffee........

katherine. said...

btw...you don't see cantor in the mix?

Schmoop said...

Songbird: Love my mind...Love it!! Cheers Dear!!

Starr: What the? Portman is a Conservative Christian. And the acts you describe are sinful. Conservative Christians DO NOT SIN. Now, go go get your java. Cheers!!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Oh my bad, I forgot they don't sin, they merely have wide stances ;)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until the voting is done and over with. But I worry about you....what would you ever post about??

You should take over some of those shows on CNN. They suck. (And I don't think they drink bagwine)

Schmoop said...

Kat: No I don't because Cantor doesn't have anything that McCain truly needs. And simply a career as a member of the House doesn't lend itself to a good VP pick. e.g Ferraro in '84.

Portman although a former Rep., has other governmental experience as well, unlike Cantor. Cheers!!

Schmoop said...

Starr: I am so glad that I could refresh your memory. Cheers!!

Metal: I have plenty of things to talk about other than politics, but I do love it so. If it costs me in the number of hits and comments...so be it. But yeah, TV pundits and talking heads should be required to be drunk. Cheers!!

Jeff B said...

Good call. Portman is everything McNuke-Em-All isn't. Most of all younger than the creation of the universe.

And be careful switching from WIR to Vodka in the middle of the day. You could really screw up your Whore-O-Scope.

Cheesy said...

THOUGHT BALLOON~ I am SO damned glad I will be deep in the woods the 29th.

Schmoop said...

Jeff: You are correct. Portman makes up for what even McCain says that he lacks.

As for Vodka, that should be part of everybody's Whore-O-Scope...Vodka, Good. Cheers!!

Schmoop said...

Cheesy: Mmmmmmmmm. I find that when you say that you will be "deep in the woods" highly erotic. Cheers Cheese!!

Knight said...

The VP is just an arm candy position isn't it? Like first lady, second bitch?

Schmoop said...

Knight: Not at all...The VP is responsible for giving a blow job to the Prez should the Prez's wife be pissed at him. Cheers!!

Dianne said...

Every generation has a prophet. That prophet exposes himself during times of great change and upheavel.

You Matt-Man are that prophet.

Continue to expose yourself.

leelee said...

gack!

He would have nailed it if he chose Ridge...with Portman he's pandering to the religious right. A lot of good THAT has done this country.

hugs!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I must agree with Star.. Portman looks like the kind of guy who drives past the dog park and doesn't even look at the hot moms, but gets all googily over the Irish Setters...

Schmoop said...

Evil: Johnyny Mac...Do you think he could fill out those balloon pants?

Dianne: I wish that I had prophetical powers. I'd take all of you to a better world. Cheers Di!!

Leelee: We'll see. But Pandering is a trait that must be done by all sucessful politicians. Cheers!!

Schmoop said...

Bond: But Midwestern Perversion is what the Evangelical Right loves so much. Cheers Vinny!!

desert rat said...

Dude, you're like watching Jon Stewart! You and Jon - that's how I stay in touch politically.

Portman definitely looks like a "sheep" kind of a guy to me. (But I still wouldn't vote for him.)

Ken said...

Hillary is not done yet! *******

Ed & Jeanne said...

Bwahaha. McCain is turning 189? He doesn't look a day over 150...

Schmoop said...

Desert Rat: If Stewart predicted Portman, I must claim ignorance because I did not know that. Cheers!!

Micky: A Clinton is never DONE!!!!! Cheers Mick!!

desert rat said...

No, I do not know what Jon predicted at this moment, to tell the truth. I'm just sayin' you're where I come for political news served with a side of humorous commentary - which I appreciate.

Schmoop said...

Desert Rat: Oh okay. I thought maybe I missed something. AND, I appreciate that quite a bit. Thank You, you're too kind. Got Hula Hoop? ; ) Cheers Rat!!

CreativeMish said...

When will you be giving your speech Matt???

Schmoop said...

Michelle: After Labor Day. It will be a hoot. Cheers!!

Travis Cody said...

Good luck with the hair coloring!