Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Going, Going, Gone!!

I hate to bore you with politics (Hey, we only have three weeks left), but I am feeling a bit confused.

Not confused that I that I don’t know what is going on around me, but rather, my humor is a bit sapped for the moment.

I rarely get bitter about politics. I have worked in it, off and on for years, and have always been a bit unemotional about the workings of the science…and the art.

I have made a point about not being a big fan of Obama. I was first a Biden supporter, and when he dropped out; a Hillary supporter.

But..

While my vote for Obama was never in question after the primaries were settled, I will now vote for him with vigor. And here’s why…

Senator Obama, and in an interview with my man-crush Joe Biden that I saw last night, shows that they are thinking about governing.

Not in a sense that they are thinking about what it would be like to merely win the White House, but rather, how would they lead our nation.

What should I expect from the Palin/McCain ticket?

Ethics violations from which Sarah “Lame and Tall” Palin exonerates herself?

Claims by McCain that Obama is a good and decent man while he runs ads saying Obama lacks judgment and is associated with terrorists?

Should I expect Pastor Arnold Conrad to give an invocation at a McCain rally in Iowa to say that Christians should pray hard that the other Gods not defeat our Christian God, who of course, is greater.


Electing Mccain will show that the Gods of the Hindus, Muslims, and whatever, are inferior to our God.

(Render to Caesar what is Caesar’s…Eh, Pastor Dickhead? Guess not, pig fornicator.)

No, I don’t think that’s what I, or any other American who is worrying about whether there is food on the table or more importantly a job to go to next week should expect.

I want…I demand, an overtly powerful attempt to get this country back on track. I think that with Obama/Biden, should they fall flat on their face or not, I will get that.

Is Obama vague? Yeah, he can be.

But one thing Obama has, is cool, calm, confidence. He’s not full of hate, desperation, and, unlike McCain, doesn’t harbor the feeling of wanton political greed.

In addition to that, Obama has Joe Biden. What does John McCain have? Sarah “Lame and Tall” Palin.

And let me remind you of an old proverb, Gov. Palin…

"Jade that is not chiseled cannot become a gem."

You, Palin, are not a gem. You are not a maverick. You are an ambitious person, who hasn’t a clue about me, Joe-Six Pack, or more importantly, how to run the greatest country on Earth.

And Senator McCain, we both know it’s not “Country First” with you. It’s become, a ghost hunt...


A ghost hunt in search of your past greatness, or more accurately, what you perceive to have been your greatness.

Cheers!!

31 comments:

Cheesy said...

You are giving pig fornicators a bad name m'dear~

Schmoop said...

Cheesy: Ah, you may be right. Cheers Cheesy!!

Anndi said...

Well said Matt... well said.

Anndi said...

Come on over... I have something that might inspire you this morning.

Schmoop said...

Anndi: Why thank ya; I be by in a little while. Cheers Anndi!!

Dana said...

I am always amazed at how two people can look at the same situation and see completely different things ... it's fascinating!

Schmoop said...

Dana: Well, silly, there's a simple explanation for that...your view is wrong. ; ) Cheers Dana!!

Anonymous said...

LOL - I'm totally w/ Dana. So if there is two of us we totally can't be wrong. So there. I now have the urge to stick my tongue out at you in totaly 3rd grade fashion.

Schmoop said...

Lady Jaye: Oh my, if the result of me calling you wrong is that you stick your tongue at me, I will call you wrong every chance I get. Cheers LJ!!

Ken said...

You know the worst part of this whole political scene this year............is that I'm listening.

Schmoop said...

Micky: Well, I hope that that is the case with most voting age Americans. Cheers!!

Schmoop said...

Starr: Ha. By all means. I'm always in the mood for a good cuntry joke. Cheers!!

Ken said...

Isn't it amazing how much McCain's ideas to help[get elected]the country, seems to be anything that sounds good, involving the latest subject of the 48 hour media news cycle?

I love the idea of what this post planted in my head.

John won't work "with" Sarah, she's only there to help get him in. He's a Maverick oh yeah.
Barack and Joe.... They "will" work together, or stuggle together. Big mess to fix!

Schmoop said...

Carl: Well, by golly, I'll get right back with ya on that. Cheers!!

Micky: MCain and Palin can't even get together on what they say on the campaign trail. McCain was pissed that Bush took No. Korea off of the terror list, and Palin said it was great!! Holy Crap!! And you're right. Cheers!!

Ed & Jeanne said...

I didn't know you were Joe-Six Pack. You're famous... Shoot, I didn't even know McCain had perceptions. Persperation, yes, perceptions, not-so-sure. I'm still voting matt-man though...

Karen said...

I made up a political joke last night: "McCain. He's sold they should call him McWheelchair!"

Don't break a rib laughing. Oh...I have to go. Saturday Night Live is calling...

Schmoop said...

VE: I'm not Joe-Six Pack...I'm Matt-Man, Bitch!! Ha...McCain...no perceptions...you're funny. Cheers VE!!

Schmoop said...

Karen: Karen Fey, Ladies and Gentlemen!!

Ha. How about, McCane? Cheers Karen, and congrats on the new job!!

Lu' said...

I got nothin man. It is getting increasingly difficult to keep my two cents in my pocket.

Dana said...

Thank goodness for lady jaye's validation - I almost had to consider I was wrong, but now I'm in the clear!

I think I'll grab her and stick my tongue out with her (I know you're loving that visual)!

Schmoop said...

Lu: Ha. Oh c'mon. I hope prior to Nov. 4th you go all nutso on us here. Cheers Lu!!

Dana: Even if you two stuck your tongues out at each other rather than me, I would get quite aroused. Cheers!!

Phfrankie Bondo said...

what's there to wonder about? One guy is a blithering simpleton and the other guy is not....but ya gotta admit, Sarah is one chiseled broad....

Liz Hill said...

McCain is desperate--Palin is the abject evidence of that.

As American as Apple Pie said...

I was a huge McCain supporter in the beginning. However, his behavior and the contradictoriness of Sarah P is making me want to puke.

Schmoop said...

Phfrankie: Chiseled? More like fizzled. Cheers!!

TB: I called her the day he chose her, "a gmmick". Cheers!!

Apple: Don't do that, I am out of paper towels. Cheers Apple!!

Anndi said...

If my ten year old can see through him, why can't grown ups?

Schmoop said...

Anndi: Because he's a shape shifter. Cheers Anndi!!

fiwa said...

Well said! But damn... I can't wait for this to be over.

Vodka Mom said...

bravo. I just made you a martini. come and get it.

Schmoop said...

Fiwa: Why thanks and just hang in there; the end is nigh. Cheers!!

Vodka: Thanks and I'll be right over. Cheers!!

Dianne said...

I Know I'm Late but Better Late Than Pregnant I Always Say!!

this was so well written Matt, said exactly what I'm feeling

thanks