Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Morning Church Disservice: Pete Maravich Lives, And So Does Respect!!

It is going to be a warm and sunny Sabbath in Bagwine, Ohio today.

A bit windy, but clear skies and 85 degrees. I can dig that!!

Working at the beer mines today from 11-7 should glean me plenty of panty and boob shots.

And seriously, would the Lord want anything other than that for me?

Of course not, ‘cause he Zoves me.

For those of you not in the know, I played my 14 year old man-child, Ryno, in round ball yesterday.

We play to 21, and in spite of being down 17-7 early on, I made an 11-2 run and closed the gap to 19-18.

However, Mini-Me, finally put me away with a 24 foot, 3 point shot to win 22-18.

I managed to escape without any, “middle-aged man trying to keep up with a 14 year old boy”, injuries.

Amen and Amen…

My post today is brief, and I leave you with the following…

For those of you who think it is sad that I couldn’t beat my kid at roundball, I leave you with the following video that we shot yesterday.

It kinda shows why he is a little hard to beat.

This was done in one take. His first shot is from 30 feet…His second one from 25 feet, and then he does a reverse lay-up.

I apologize for the sound, but damn, the wind was a-blowin’…


Anyhoo…Holy Moly, can that boy shoot or what?

I am not happy that I lost to my kid. I mean, no matter what, losing is not a good thing. However...

As soon as I lost to him, he called his mom at work. The joy in his voice was immeasurable.

He informed her of the result and was giddy. Not because he rubbed something in my face, but because he had accomplished something.

And I could tell that it was because he accomplished something against someone he truly respects.

I can dig that...alot.

As much as I love Freddie Mercury and Queen, I like Green Day even more..so, here's to a lovely day of Father/Son roundball play, no matter what the outcome was..

Have a fan-damn-tastic Sunday, all. I’m gonna spend mine working and hopefully looking at boobies.

Cheers!!

23 comments:

snugs said...

It's awesome that you are not one of those dads that always has to win against the kid, that is probably just one of the reasons he respects you so much. But geez, you breed them really white there don't ya? That boy is really pale!Or maybe it's just me, I just got back from the beach tonight and am sporting a very colorful spring sun burn.

Marilyn said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Schmoop said...

Sungs: Of course he's pale...There's not a lot of sun in Ohio between November and March or heat for that matter. Cheers!!

Marilyn: Even more so for him because later he was off to a party full of teenage chicks. Cheers!!

Lu' said...

I know it sucks to lose but it had to feel good in a way too right :) Have a good day at the beer, panty and boob mines today my friend. Me I'm headed on an antique car run to an all you can eat breakfast. This is one fast I am going to break hard :O

Schmoop said...

Lu: It was fun. Have a good time at the run and eat a pound or eight of bacon and sausage for me, please. Cheers Lu!!

Ken said...

He may think..... "he can kick your ass", but all he did was win. I think he'll be playing a lot harder this year against you. You best be careful, muscle and tendon wise.
Enjoy the mammary mine, thigh line today.

Schmoop said...

Micky: The little shit has been lifting weights too. He's a little harder to push aside now.

I hope the mine yields the mother lode of flesh today. Cheers Mick!!

Dianne said...

I'm lovin' this post matty!
Ryno is seriously adorable, growing into a lovely man
I adore his smile, it has such a genuine quality to it.
Great song to top off a post that really made me smile this morn my love.

Here's hoping the shirts are low and the skirts high for ya today ;)

Schmoop said...

Dianne: Ha. Thanks for the wishes. As for Ryno, you've pegged the boy. He is a genuinely sweet, compassionate, and humorous kid.

If only he'd step up his work ethic where school work is concerned. Cheers Sexy!!

Jay said...

Sure any kid can win a game against an old guy if he can stand out there and knock down 30 foot bombs. But, can he play defense and hit the boards? He doesn't want to be the next J.J. Reddick ya know. haha

Maybe you should be practicing a little? You don't want him beating you every time. Gotta keep the kid in line. ;-)

Schmoop said...

Jay: His defense is impeccable. He averaged 4 steals a game this past season. And he shut down any outside shot his opponents' had. He's kinda Gary Payton-like where that is concerned.

But you're right, I need practice. I couldn't sink a 10 foot jumper yesterday. I sucked. As for keeping him in line?

I simply ask him what his grade average is in Algebra. Cheers!!

Dana said...

Ha! The best part is that he beat you, you didn't lose to him.

Better start practicing at the beer mines ... and no ... dropping Cheetos down cleavage does NOT count as practice!

Schmoop said...

Dana: Of course I wouldn't just lose to him. But I think the best thing is that it mattered to him that he beat me. Cheers!!

Michele said...

So no one was hurt in the making of that film. Very good. Dad, you are just going to have to get over the fact that the boy is going to beating you more and more often. This is something to be proud of. It means you are passing a torch. Okay, that was all bullshit but did it make you feel better?

Cinnamon Girl said...

That kid is good!

And GD did We Are The Champions for our concert. Last time around. WHEN THE FUCKERS PLAYED IN PORTLAND.

I am just a wee bit bitter.

Travis Cody said...

Little man got skilz!

Schmoop said...

Michele: Ha. Not much. It's not really a big deal. I'm glad to see him doing so well at it. Cheers Michele!!

Starr: He's not bad. And save your bitterness for something important...like...um okay, be bitter. Cheers!!

Travis: He's not bad, is he? Cheers to ya, Trav!!

Cinnamon Girl said...

Yeah Fuck bitterness, I am now working out a way to stay with relatives and see GD in Sacramento ;)

Schmoop said...

Starr: Good Luck with that Dookie-Head. Cheers!!

katherine. said...

I am happy to read you appreciate the outcome of this match.

I suggest you better get used to the feeling...

I predict Ryno is gonna continue to accomplish something against someone he truly respects.

Schmoop said...

Kat: And you know what? That's just duckie with me. Cheers Kat!!

Cheesy said...

What a STAR!

Schmoop said...

Cheesy: I am, aren't I? Oh you meant Ryno. Cheers Cheesy!!