Monday, July 20, 2009

Why Do You Question Me?

I have a problem with which I need help from you, my Bagwine buddies.

It seems that people in Bagwine, Ohio who have known me personally for any period of time, never seem to know when I am bullshitting on here or not.

I am aghast to find this out. It’s me…Matt-Man…The purveyor of all that is true and unadulterated.

However, here is what I get from some.

I said to Schmoop yesterday…“Some people find me disingenuous when I post. You always believe what I put on my site don’t you?”

Her answer of, “Yeah, whatever.” and the associated smirk and attitude that accompanied said response left me bewildered.

Okay, she knows me better than most, but c’mon…I’m her true love and with her all of the time. Maybe that skews her opinion a bit, so I thought about Bagwine buddy and co-worker, Pizza Bill.

Good Ol’ Pizza Bill…

We’ve worked together for nearly a year and a half now.

We’ve made fun of customers together, checked out hot patrons together, and I have even eaten his pizza frequently. (And no, that’s not a euphemism for gay sex between us, you sick bastards)

Surely Pizza Bill believes my posts…I don’t think so.


I was thinking about it, and I remember times he has questioned me about the veracity of some things I have said.

In fact, he didn’t think I was being truthful when I posted about the dresser in the bedroom falling on Schmoop until SHE told him that it did.

Schmoop and Pizza Bill…Questioning my integrity. I thought I should seek another opinion. Well, before I could, another opinion sought me.

You see, I received an email Saturday night from that fetching nurse and longtime friend of Matt-Man, Sherri.

She told me that she was sorry to hear about the turmoil going on between Schmoop and I. And then went on to say that she would have said something sooner, but she assumed that my post describing said turmoil, was, “BS”.

WTF? How could my friend of 29 years (Oh dear God, it has been that long, holy shit we’re old ) think of me to be a bullshitter?

Sherri and I worked all through High School at Burger Chef/Hardee’s together. She took me and paid to have my ear pierced on my 17th birthday.

We had sex on a public sidewalk and in the stall of a bathroom at our local Community College’s banquet room during my brother’s wedding reception.

We got naked at a State Park and were attacked by ticks together…She witnessed me being electrocuted in my college dorm room when I plugged in a cheap set of Chinese made, Christmas lights.

How could someone who has known me that many years…one who has a nearly three decade long history of knowing and experiencing my nature, my foibles, my inner most thoughts think that I would make up stuff for my daily posts?

And then I thought…Maybe this unholy Axis of Disbelief doesn't believe me because they do know me so well.

Okay, so I may embellish a bit…take poetic license…mis-imagine the facts and reality of certain things…add six inches to my cock when chatting online. But c’mon…More often that not, I believe it!!

Here’s what I am asking of you guys. I need some kind of code to type or upload into my posts to let these three doubters of the Matt-Man know when my posts are completely and utterly true.

I know you guys don’t need one because you always believe me…right?

The code can be a phrase…some type of Seal of Truth logo…anything that I should put in my posts when blogging about the serious truth.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy your Monday, and I thank you in advance for your help.

Cheers!!

P.S. Schmoop is home sick today with her cold AND her period started...The Curse of the Matt-Man is a powerful thing.

30 comments:

Schmoop said...

Phfrankie: I like it, but as I also like these folks, that may be a bit terse...um...or not. Cheers P-Man!!

Phfrankie Bondo said...

...well then, how 'bout: "Excuse me and pardon me and forgive me, my gracious audience, but I emplore you to not be like those Doubting Thomas' and Thomasinas and please regard the following statent to be one of the utmost truth and that of the most intended sincerity because, after all, 'it's true, because I believe it', and so should you.So there."...

Schmoop said...

Phfrankie: That's brilliant!! And if anything, not the least bit wordy at all. You are a frickin' genius. Let's see someone top THAT. Cheers!!

Jay said...

Well I believe everything you say here. Totally. 100%.

You could put a little Bullshit-O-Meter at the bottom of each post for everyone.

For a while I thought about putting a little "This post IS or IS NOT serious" on mine just to help people out. But, decided against it cause it's too much effort. ;-)

desert songbird said...

I believe everything you say. After all, you're the Mattsiah, right?

Cheesy said...

Tag line-
And so it is written?

Schmoop said...

Jay: Ha. I thought about creating some type of Bullshit-O-Meter as well. We're geniuses. Thanks for believing me and yeah, who likes effort. Cheers!!

Songbird: See folks, ya hear Songbird? Is that such a hard concept to get your arms and minds around. Thank You. Cheers!!

Cheesy: I like that...I could continue the tradition of the late Walter Cronkite by saying:

And that's the way it is...according to me.

Cheers!!

Schmoop said...

Micky: In between your P-Man type ellipses you touched on something that that is germane to this dilemma.

Most of what I post about is bullshit no matter if it something I or someone else has done or said.

Which means, while I may throw the bullshit around about things that are bullshit doesn't make them untrue. I still think the idea of a cool looking Seal of Truth needs created.

Cheers Mick...and that's no bullshit!!

Lu' said...

A thumbnail photo of Richard Nixon should to the trick don't you think?

A thumbnail photo of you with right hand on the bible and left hand raised holding bottle of bagwine?

A thumbnail photo of me for I do not lie.

I think the bullshit-O-meter should be a photo of you and the meter needle should be your nose either elongating or not. If it were another body part the meter would have to be to large ha ha ha! Just call me Randi :)

Schmoop said...

Lu: Ha. You are always thinking. I like those ideas. That definitely gives me something with which to work. Cheers to ya Randi!! ; )~

Ken said...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_nvjvKkd-RB4/R7IFdmJ5MsI/AAAAAAAABxI/M5N0QENWHn8/s400/truth.gif

Ken said...

http://www.mediaphilosopher.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/truth-small.jpg

Dianne said...

I like Lu's ideas!

then again I like that you are often hard to figure out and that those of us who know you (not Biblical damn it!) are part of an elite, super intelligent club

then of course there is my motto given to the world by Bette Midler - "fuck em if they can't take a joke"

even when you're not entirely telling the truth there is so much truth in your un-truths that they really should be true

and so they are ...

Ken said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ken said...

This would be a good bagwine seal of truth....

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1938976

Schmoop said...

Micky: Thanks. I copied and saved both. Cheers my good man!!

Dianne: Ha. I appreciate that because I nearly always think there is truth in what I say no matter how far fetched or elaborated upon the post may be. I adore you...Now, let's get Biblical, Biblical, I wanna get Biblical. Cheers Di!!

Schmoop said...

Micky: Ha. That last one is pretty good and relevant to the site. I could recreate that. Cheers!!

snugs said...

I don't believe everything I read on blogs, I think the writers often take liberties or exaggerate to increase their hits, comments, readers, etc..but that is just me and my thoughts on it..

Schmoop said...

Snugs: Well no one should believe everything they read, and I don't think that most thinking people do.

But it should be entertaining to a degree. Cheers!!

Schmoop said...

Snugs: Ya know...The more I think about you, the less I like you.

Oh sure, I have found you to be funny at times, but I find you to be a big pussy.

Sure, Dana may not be to your liking and her and I often disgaree but what has she ever done to you personally? You don't like Schmoop's bro, Dave. Why? Is he offensive ya poor baby?

Here's the thing hunney...You hide behind a blogger post pic and tear down others without the balls to post yourself.

I'm not saying that it's a rule that one has to post...But, I like smart people whether they have a blog or not...But you..?

While I found you mildly amusing at first, I have come to find you to be just a little snippy bitch.

Now Sherri who I mentioned is a nurse who specializes in Mental Health, so maybe she could hook you up with a good therapist or some drugs.

With that being said, I bid you adieu. But you're more than welcome to still comment, and I'll respond. I'm cool like that.

Cheers!!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I think I have a pretty good bull-s**t meter for you...Not always but most of the time I can tell when your tongue is firmly planted up your ass - I mean in your cheek.

Dana said...

What?? You don't always tell the truth? But ... but ... oh hell! Now what am I going to do?

I'm liking Jay's Bullshit-O-Meter idea. That way we could just to try to figure out what parts of the post are actually bullshit and which parts are truth.

Seriously? If it involves Ryno, I'm usually fairly certain there is little - if any - bullshit involved. When it comes to anyone else (including Schmoop) all bets are off. I just never know what to think, and I kind of like that!

In regards to your comments to snugs, can I just say ... HELL YES!! This is something we finally agree on!!

Her position of, "I think the writers often take liberties or exaggerate to increase their hits, comments, readers, etc." position is not only off (at least for most of the blogs I read, that I know she reads too 'cause she has a special spot for me), but highly offensive to everyone who puts themselves out there.

Most of us are just doing our thing, and have NOTHING to gain from more hits, comments, readers - other than more trolls. I'm certainly not writing a blog to make money, and I can't tell you the last time I looked at my stats. I'm afraid I'd either commit harry-carry knowing that no one visits except on Thursdays (and that's just to get a good laugh) or BARF at realization that more than 20 people actually read the blog *shrugs*

No ... not SNUGS ... *SHRUGS*

snugs said...

oh, I will keep reading cuz ya'll amuse and entertain me.

Schmoop said...

Bond: Well I appreciate your BS Meter and the fact that you are always putting your tongue somewhere on or in me. Cheers Vin!!

Dana: I know you're crushed but I do bend the truth. Eh, as for Snugs it has been a growing feeling and I had to get it off of my chest. Cheers!!

Snugs: That's what I'm here for. Cheers!!

Ena said...

I sent "just the thing" to your email!

I believe you. Absolutely!

Schmoop said...

Ena: 10-4 Buddy...I'll check it out. Thanks and Cheers!!

katherine. said...

I believe everything you write...except when you are lying...

Schmoop said...

Kat: Well that is all I can ask of a person. Good to see ya, as always. Cheers Kat!! And no, I haven't quit smoking.

Anonymous said...

I could tell a few stories about Sherri

Schmoop said...

Anonymous: Watch it Joe. I think she's already pissed at me for this post. Cheers!!